Grilled NY Strips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
My daughter has been cooking us dinner one night a week and last night she wanted me to teach her how to grill so I kindly obliged. She grilled up 4 NY strip steaks on the gasser and cooked some fresh yellow and red peppers. The steaks were seasoned with Rufus Teague's rub and she cooked the peppers in a pan using a little evoo and soy sauce. She also made a nice green salad to help keep her father healthy. Overall she did a great job and the dinner was delicious. Now I need to teach her how to grill over charcoal then hopefully how to use the smoker after that. "Hey a dad can dream can't he?" Sorry about using paper plates but we wanted an easy clean up as it was family TV night.

The steaks before seasoning.
img_212677_0_7c9a5774ae7f0bc5a1488d9431f7d95f.jpg

Hot off the grill.
img_212677_1_6a783c2250c880c3e4d6d336ddf6a6c6.jpg

My plate.
img_212677_2_0032e5c1a8396412d044dd72670bb05e.jpg

Daughters are great. I have two but I must have done something wrong early in their life with my grilling. They both became vegetarians at about the age they were in junior high school. They don't like the idea of killing animals for food. I told them the only difference between killing an animal and a vegetable is that one of them doesn't have a sporting chance of running away. I was trying to be funny but they didn't laugh.

Your daughter did a bang up job on those stakes!

My daughter can't boil water. Well couldn't, but now she can. She finally started to listen at age 30.

Mmmm, steak! Looks good.

I'm guessing the difference in a "NY" Strip and and "KC" Strip is the bone? Or do these happen to be bone-in KC Strips? Can't say that I've seen any bone-in Strips here. However, I'll bet they're good.

ronbeaux50 said:
My daughter can't boil water. Well couldn't, but now she can. She finally started to listen at age 30.

AMEN Brother! Somehow this seems real familiar :roll: :LOL:

8)

You're a lucky man Toby to have a daughter hungry to learn your skills! Tell her Great Job from ole BluzQue.
Mine is just hungry :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom