Grilled Meatballs for Red Gravy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cookking

Sous Chef
Grilled up some meatballs for some homemade Red Gravy that will simmer for about 4-5 hours. While it's simmering I'll drop in some hot Italian sausages that I can't wait to eat. Obviously this wiil be dinner for tommorrow night. Unfortunately I had to go back to work today. :cry:

img_239132_0_4a784ec735b7d3cd8fe4c14762b9af09.jpg

Well actually the Lord did not intend for Eyetalian Sausage to be grilled. Its standarized cooking method is poached. In fact even the Meatballs have to labeled as "Scicilian Style" since real Eyetalians normally poach them in tomater sauce from the raw state too. Apparently them Scicilian mafios like their meatballs browned up or grilled prior to the obligatory submersion. I do not know whut them folks ate prior to the native americkan injun peeples providing them with tomaters and Chicago gave em pizzer..the Greeks gave em Olive Oyl. Not sure where they mooched the wheat to make pasta and bread. Prob got it from the Chicoms or the frenchies or something like that. I lay awake at night and worry about this sometimes.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Stupid Yankee question. :oops: Why not do the sausage with the meat ball's. Just wondering.

By putting the sausages in the gravy in a raw state it keeps them moist and tenderizes the casing making it easy to cut them.

Sauce on pasta with a meatball and hot Italian sausage with garlic bread. A nice glass of red wine with this and I'm about done for the night!

img_239180_0_7fc55e24c4be47fae888d7ffc33ff28b.jpg

Traegernator said:
Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
Stupid Yankee question. :oops: Why not do the sausage with the meat ball's. Just wondering.

By putting the sausages in the gravy in a raw state it keeps them moist and tenderizes the casing making it easy to cut them.

Sauce on pasta with a meatball and hot Italian sausage with garlic bread. A nice glass of red wine with this and I'm about done for the night!

img_239212_0_7fc55e24c4be47fae888d7ffc33ff28b.jpg
Proof that ya learn something new every day. Thanks! Looks killer good.

Well I have the grand prize winning meatball recipe direct from New Yawk City which calls to mix the hamburger meat 50/50 with bulk Eyetalian sausage then poach it. Smart huh?

Back
Top Bottom