Grilled Halibut Cheeks in Curry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friesian_rain

Senior Cook
Food in a thick, curry sauce just isn't all that pretty to look at, unless of course you are a curry lover :D ..... but, I thought some of you might like to see a couple pics of halibut cheeks; don't know how many are familiar with that particular "cut" from the halibut.
I grilled the cheeks over a hot, smokey fire; grilled up some cut up asparagus; sauteed shallots, added lots of red curry paste, coconut milk, and greek style yogurt (in place of sour cream); put cheeks and asparagus in curry sauce, served up in a bowl with some chopped cilantro on top; and you have an a**-kicking, smokey, spicy hot, bowl of goodness!

Must have been a big Halibut. Dish looks great and I bet it tasted every bit as good as it looks.

Traegernator said:
Must have been a big Halibut. Dish looks great and I bet it tasted every bit as good as it looks.

Lots of big halibut, these cheeks are from our commercial catch; we know where the big halibut are ;) :D
That was my last package :( But, I'll be headed out in July to get my halibut caught, so I'll be replenishing my freezer with cheeks....
And thank you, it was tasty !

That looks fantastic! I don't know if the cheeks would have made it to the plate if I were there. Nice job.

I love cheeks. I like all types of cheeks like Veal cheeks, beef cheeks, pig cheeks.
Halibut cheeks are sweet and tender, with a fine, thin flake and a texture similar to lobster. Just a little salt is all you need, although the squeeze of lemon is nice to cut through the richness.

Back
Top Bottom