Grilled fresh, Alaska king salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

friesian_rain

Senior Cook
For great grilled fish you have to start with fresh fish....
My husband came home Saturday after being out fishing winter kings down in Sitka; he must have missed me, he brought me a present..... a fresh king salmon ! :D :D :D wooohooo it's the best !

I used oak lump, with a few chunks of Hawaiian kiawe wood for flavor. Grilled to about 2/3 of the way done, then glazed with "Alaskan Secret Sauce". No pics of me putting glaze on, flames start immediately so lid has to be put on quickly, just let sit over fire only a few minutes then pull off..... let fish sit a few minutes before serving. Served with a tossed salad and a loaf of roasted garlic bread.

Very delicious.......

dollarbill said:
Wow, that looks incredible! Can I ask what the pruning sheers were used for?

Not pruning shears, they are line cutters; pretty handy on the boat for cutting line, you could cut a finger off with those things ! I use them to clip off the fins, a lot better than trying to cut through them with a knife.

I don't care if you have a husband, we don't have to get married.......but I'll clean your house if you cook dinner!

Larry Wolfe said:
I don't care if you have a husband, we don't have to get married.......but I'll clean your house if you cook dinner!

I'll cook you dinner anytime, you just keep the compliments coming :D :D

Back
Top Bottom