Grilled Chicken Breast with Vodka Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
Other than the senior members of this forum the BBQ Pit Boys are some of my favorite BBQ folks and
this is one of their recipes. To do this one you have to make Vodka Sauce, this is great stuff.

1 cup Vodka
32 oz Ketchup
1 cup Vinegar, Apple Cider
1 tbsp Cumin Ground
1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tbsp Chili Powder
1/2 - 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup Sugar, White
1/8 cup Salt, Kosher
1 lemon Lemon Juice, Fresh

Mix well and then low simmer on the grill for about 15-30 minutes.

Now the less exciting part the chicken. Marinade the chicken in equal parts +/- EVOO and Soy Sauce,
one or two hours. Build a two zone fire.

Sauté one small onion chopped and several cloves of garlic in some butter (2 tbsp) and EVOO
on a cast iron griddle or pan.

Lightly sear both sides of the chicken breasts along with the onions and garlic, 3 or 4 minutes per side.

Move the breasts off the griddle and onto the indirect side of the grill for about 20 -25 minutes
until 160°. Baste with the Vodka Sauce after about 10 - 15 minutes, flip once after basting and
baste the other side. My bride is more a fan of SBR's so I had to do one for her.

And the finished product.

If you have never made Vodka Sauce it is good on almost anything give it a shot.

Will try it for sure. Love the grill grate. Nothing makes great grill marks like cast iron.
Thanks for sharing!

Nick I wouldn't know that by your avatar, but I would think you could use other parts. The Vodka sauce is the important part, buy a 5th of premium vodka, one cup for the sauce and make cocktails with the rest. By the time you get done with the cocktails you won't know if you have wings, legs, thighs or breasts :D

I'm always trying breasts, my wife likes those more than legs or thighs. I suppose I could try it on some boneless thighs, those are my favorites! As for the vodka, there is always some in my house, thats my wifes choice for a drink!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom