grilled caribou tenderloin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
My 10 year old great nephew shot his first caribou on Tuesday. It was a small one but not a bad first one. The rifle was a Remington model 700 .243 bolt action. It only took one shot.

He and his mom, my niece, came to visit us a couple days later and brought uncle Griff a backstrap and a tenderloin. Here's the cleaned backstrap.

And here is the tenderloin I grilled tonight.

I assume caribou does not taste like chicken :LOL: What a great adventure for a young man and a good lookin' dinner too. He is lucky to have such a wonderful place to hunt and an Uncle who is a great "Grillmaster!"

Hey Griff. Did you cook it hot and fast like beef? Looks killer! That boy looks big for a 10 year old. Kudos to him for the great shot and for sharing with Uncle G.

I agree with BBQBUZZ, what a great adventure. I remember the first deer I shot; we grilled up the loins that night and it was fantastic. :)

WOW. 10 years old, and one shot. One shot, one kill. How cool is that. That boy will never go hungry. Great looking plates. We can only use shot gun on deer around here. (12 gauge slug) so it kind of messes up the meat. Good thing I have a pal that does the bow thing.

Pigs

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
WOW. 10 years old, and one shot. One shot, one kill. How cool is that. That boy will never go hungry. Great looking plates. We can only use shot gun on deer around here. (12 gauge slug) so it kind of messes up the meat. Good thing I have a pal that does the bow thing.

Pigs

exactly what I was thinking....one shot..wow!

Back
Top Bottom