Grilled Beef and Talopia Filets and some side...I don't know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I see in my frige I have two real nice beef filets and the wife has a big pack of FRESH Talopia Filets.

The steaks I know but how best to grill the filets?

Gonna do a video for more practice so somebody's recipe get's in the clip! Yeah, that's a big damn deal. lol

I might make a small meat loaf and try that in the Big Easy too.

Oh I'm making side too Fresh! I just don't know what yet.

Thanks in advance guys for any Talopia help

peace
<><

do the filets still have the scales on one side?

if so cook scale side down servers as a cooking tray and holds the butter and garlic close to the fish . kinda like this picture in this link .

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/ma ... dfish.html

if it dont have them i would use some kinda support for the fish on the grill . if it breaks up that could get bad . they should not if the filets are kinda thick .

that recipe on that link should be dam good on any fish .

hope this helps a bit .

I don't like that fish, but do you have a fish basket (flipper)?
It's a firm flesh but better safe than sorry. I've always thought it
had a fishier taste than other white fish, so I'd look real quick
at some vinegar/lemon flavors to cut through it. Just me though.

Thanks guys.
I have what looks like 12 skinless filets about the size of a thin chicken breast. So about 5" long and maybe 2.5" wide and 1/2-3/4" thick.

I also have a grill basket I have cooked fish in many times as well as grill veggies in it at times too. I oil it up and get it hot on the grill and fish don't stick much.

I'll take a look and jot some of this down.

Thanks
mike

if you've got that many, experiment some....they won't all fit in the flipper at the same time right? Marinade some in Italian dressing, surprisingly easy and good if the fish is fresh. I'd also try to blackening or jerk rub as well...Knox makes a great jerk rub. Then you can make a quick sauce
with citrus juice and herbs. As long as you have some acid, I'll try it.

Captain Morgan said:
if you've got that many, experiment some....they won't all fit in the flipper at the same time right? Marinade some in Italian dressing, surprisingly easy and good if the fish is fresh. I'd also try to blackening or jerk rub as well...Knox makes a great jerk rub. Then you can make a quick sauce
with citrus juice and herbs. As long as you have some acid, I'll try it.

Will do Cappy. The wife can take it to work or something.

Cappy's Talappya!
bwhahahaha

Thanks man.

Beer run first and we'll fire a gril!

Easy coat of maple syrup then any good fish rub. They grill up super fast. Spray your grill down with a little vegtable oil before you throw them on.

If its not too late Mike, put the fish in a glass pan and put Italian dressing on them. Pop them in an oven and cook covered until done. You will like it. Serve with rice. ;)

Bill The Grill Guy said:
If its not too late Mike, put the fish in a glass pan and put Italian dressing on them. Pop them in an oven and cook covered until done. You will like it. Serve with rice. ;)

Not too late for a friend to toss in some thoughts.
I "didn't" cook cus I have no pics but the dinner was great.

The fish advice is So Very helpful...THANKS

peace
mike

Back
Top Bottom