Grilled Artichoke Recipe (pict)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tri Tip

Head Chef
Cut the artichoke in half.
Clean out all the hairs with a spoon.
Soak in cold water with a table spoon of lemon juice for 15 minutes. (only if you want a bright nice color, if it’s just for me I skip this step)
Drain the lemon water and boil halves in fresh water for 12 minutes.
Take em out and let the hot water evaporate off.
Brush with olive oil and add Kosher Salt and Cracked Pepper, Or bbq rub or any other seasoning you like.

Grill for about 3 minutes per side. I like mesquite lump (good on veggies).
Enjoy,

Mike

I'm going to have to try that one. Our family loves artichokes. Some of our BBQ Central friends may not have much experience with them. It's kind of a California thing. I'm sure there will be some cracks about that. :LOL:

I'll have to try that, I loves me some artichokes! BTW, I've been eating them things stuffed going on about 50 some odd years, so hardley a Cali thing!

Smokey Lew said:
I'm going to have to try that one. Our family loves artichokes. Some of our BBQ Central friends may not have much experience with them. It's kind of a California thing. I'm sure there will be some cracks about that. :LOL:

Yeah kindof "she she" but the butter makes me a man!

Nick is right. It's not just a Cal think. I've also been eating them for 50+ years. They are one veggie that ships well.

Nick Prochilo said:
Bobberqer said:
2, over 50, guys eating artichokes for over 50 years ?? what else did you eat for baby food ?? :shock: escargots??

Why yes, who told? ;)

Bob, first thing you have to consider is that from where I am sitting 50 was over a decade ago. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom