Greasy Ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JWJR40

Senior Cook
What did I do wrong? The ribs were done, when I bit into them they were the greasiest things I ever ate. They had a good taste but toooo greasy. The only thing I did differently this time was I foiled them for a while, to make the wife stop nagging about when were they going to be done. I will never do that again.

HELP!!!

Having no idea what temperature you cooked or what time they cooked here is a couple guesses.

You got a bad batch of fatty ribs.

You cooked the ribs to fast, in the 160ish to 180ish internal temperature the collegian and connective tissue's break down along with the most fat rendering. This is the time to cook the rib's as slow as you can. This same principle holds for the other BBQ meats.

The foil is a great tool to use while cooing and probably isn't part of your problem.

I'm a committed foiler.

I've gotten a batch of fatty ribs once...that was probably what happened...I am also a tried and true foiler! :D

The ribs I did Sunday were fatty pieces of junk. I didn't foil and they came out great. First time "not" foiling. Maybe just let 'em smoke instead of foil JW. It worked for me. After trimming them and seeing what I had bought :shock: I was surprised how well they came out ;)

tried and true foiler here but I have had my own bad batches of fatty ribs. Very sad when it happens and you spend all that time doing them.

Burnt Food Dude said:
Curses, foiled again! (I just had to say it)

They look like spares. Spares are fatty to begin with and NEED the time in the smoker to render the fat. Make sure you trim as much excess fat off the ribs that you can. Don't try to hurry them. After you foil place them back in the cooker to firm up.

Loin / baby back ribs are less fatty but smaller than spares. They cook faster because they are smaller.

Yep longer cookin time was needed.... I never am foiled

Thanks for everyones help. I know what to do from know on I will put the wife out of the house!

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="D.Harris":1auq4odd]W.O.T.H. (Wife Out The House)
I want to see the recipe for this on!!!

I could give you several. :oops:[/quote:1auq4odd]
Another Cappy invention...or did you just perfect it? :D

Back
Top Bottom