Fried chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm with you Max. Best parts of the bird starts on the innards with livers gizzards..and hearts. Moves up to the oysters on the back bone and the Preacher's Nose. Moves then directly to the wings. Thighs come in only slightly above dry old breastes.

Well I can eat a bite of breastes as long as it free or got a nipple on it or something like that. Warden buys them sometimes and makes fried chicken strips out of em. Not too shabby actually..but would rank dead last in competition with an equal amount of fried livers and gizzards.

I have a great recipe for baked chicken strips, that taste like they were fried. sounds good may make them for dinner tonight, along with some Milk gravy, mmmmm nothing like some good old fashion chicken strips.

And Big Wheel, I dont understand why you say condolences? If cooked properly the breast can be just as tender and juicy as the dark meat. I have never really liked the dark meat of poultry, unless it is wild game. Other than that, I will not touch the stuff. Everyone eats what they like.

Well yeah..breastes taste mo betta than the wrapper..lol. Yall break me up. I cannot be held responsible for the culinary misadventures for them inhabiting the desolate areas North of the Might Red River..West of El Paso.. East of the Sabine or South of the Rio Grande. Them Frog eating Frenchies from down in the swamps will eat anything. Real Mexican border food aint too bad as long as person can convince themselves the Cabrito really aint Poodle or Collie etc. They point out not many loose pups running around down there. Preferring breastes over more flavorful parts of the avian is a minor bump in the road compared to other poor food choices..as you can see.

I'll take the thighs any day of the week! You have to season the $hit out of a breast to give it any flavor, the thigh needs a little salt and pepper and your good to go!

Smart thinking Nick. I dont know who started the rumor large breastes folks was not much on brain power. Obviously an urban myth of some type.

Actually the "brain power" that you are talking about BW was derived when apes broke open the bones of their meals and started to eat the marrow.

But to tell you the truth, when I cook chicken breast's I don't have to season the crap out of them,

That is fried chicken perfection! I love fried chicken although I get voted off the the island for baked chicken most of the time. Now I want to fry some chicken, maybe some green tomatoes while the oil is hot.

I have never made hush puppies but have had, and like, filafel (sp?). Maybe we will kick it like you this weekend. Thanks and have a good one.

Hey Bryan..if you ever want to get brave enough to make hushpuppies our old pal Justeen has about the best recipe I have run into. One of the few things I ever knew of him cooking up which proved fit to eat.

Gotcha on that. I was going to make some last night but got overruled and was forced into eating leftovers. Its just like being in prison around here. Justeens recipe is in the recipe section.

Have used that pup recipe ever since you told me 'bout it. Ever since......I swear.

Smart Puff. Would like to see my pals not hang with the large breastes guy so much. Thanks. It just seems a little kinky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom