Friday Night Oysters and Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
On my way home yesterday, I decided to stop by my good buddy TimBears house for a quick beer and say hello. Notice the cold beer came first? :) Anyway, we were chatting away and TimBear say’s “hey tobe you like oysters right?” of course I said yes. He then proceeded to open a box that had a ton of fresh oysters in it. We started shucking a bunch and eating them then we brought the rest down to my house for a little grillin. My wife bought a pork loin that I seasoned with Slap Ya Momma and when it was almost done I brushed it with Brownwood Farms Cherry Barbeque sauce that I received from my secret Santa. If you can find it get yerself some, it’s really good. We threw the oysters on the grill and while they were cooking away with the pork loin, I heated up some butter with fresh garlic in a small skillet. Once everything was done, I sliced the pork and we shucked the cooked oysters then dipped em in the butter. What a great Friday night...thanks TimBear!

Me and TimBear firing up the Chaney. I’m wearing my new grillin/BBQ gloves my kids gave me for Christmas.
img_231475_0_282093de5d00de56b573d0e2d7c35cf6.jpg

Oysters ready for the grill.
img_231475_1_c9165a9baf4b002b4b7ba00fed6b5e74.jpg

Pork loin and oysters on the grill.
img_231475_2_c27cfe1b95901f00d1049749a0403681.jpg

Everything is done.
img_231475_3_d85ca39a46b4ef1b452ab94c07009529.jpg

My plate.
img_231475_4_f65558ccc38830eab072e830c91df175.jpg

The carnage.
img_231475_5_c433326bd94b397e465d453b250ad069.jpg

Wow that looks like some tasty vittles and fine fellashipping going on there. Love Oysters preferably breaded and fried but if push come to shove other methods is ok too. I even eat em raw sometimes when I am feeling real brave and they are on sale or something. Sighty akin to trying to eat cold snot seemed I hear somebody say one time. Its nice to have friends. I had one but he died back in fifty six.

bigwheel

Ahhh coupla little drunk boys huh? I feels your pain on the hangover bizness. I had a doozy caused by a big chili meeting in tandem with coming home and continuing down the evil path of consumption of the debils jurine whilst playing compooter until 4 AM this morning. Sure glad there was some St. Brendans Irish Cream and black coffee available when I finally hauled out of bed. Baileys actually tastes a little bit mo betta but about twice the price. Both great for whut ails a person in the morn. In an ideal world would recommend a couple of those then two bloody marys..few beers then back to the tequilla shooters. Repeat daily or as time permits. Simple huh?

bigwheel

Dont forget some brains and eggs with the brains coming from a pig with Angry Pig Syndrome. Shudder.

bigwheel

Well I went to Sunny CA one time. It hard to dodge them mattresses which blow off the top of the Okie cars. They all trying to migrate out there ya know. Now things may have changed. It been a while since I been there.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom