Friday Night Flank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Came home from work last night and my wife had a flank steak marinating in a little olive oil, cilantro, lime juice, etc, so I sparked up the old grill, threw on some corn and cooked away. She also made a really good lemon dill salad dressing my mom used to make. Here are some pics and let me know if the link doesn't work, for some reason my password at photobucket isn't working. http://community.webshots.com/album/563718276djyTer

The meat is perfectly cooked for me. Can almost taste it. Care to share your marinade - I have some flat irons in the freezer I'd like to try it on.

flank looks great. We like to use the mccormick meat marinade for our flanks, always come out great. They also make a Montreal Steak marinade as well that does a good job too with flanks.

big dude said:
The meat is perfectly cooked for me. Can almost taste it. Care to share your marinade - I have some flat irons in the freezer I'd like to try it on.

Here ya go BD. She kind of winged it so it's not perfect. She covered the flank in olive oil, dry red wine and crushed garlic and let it sit in the fridge for about 30 mins. She then blended some olive oil maybe 3 -1/2 Tbs, cilantro, lime juice, onion, salt and pepper in the food processor. She took the meat out of the fridge and added the sauce and let it sit at room temp for another 30 mins. When I got home I started the grill, took the meat out and discarded the remaining marinade. I grilled mine for about 5 mins then turned it over and grilled for maybe another 4-5 mins. She saved some of the sauce and we dribbled it over the top.

Back
Top Bottom