Flat Iron Steak & Mahi-Mahi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Flat Iron steaks for my son and I. My wife had Mahi-Mahi seasoned with Knox's Cracked Pepper dry rub and chopped up fresh basel.

Gave the steaks a head start on the indirect side after potatoes were nearly done. Put steaks over direct coals with fish once the internal temp of the steaks reached 110 degrees. Added a light coating of canola oil to fish to keep them from sticking to the grates.

Fish and steaks turned and finishing up.

Plated shot of Flat Iron steak only. Steak has a dollop of blue cheese-yogurt dip on it. The mahi-mahi seasoning was really tasty.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks alsome. How many years does it take to cook that good? I have a long way to go but everyone has been real helpful Thanks Dave

Great looking stuff Lew!!!!! Your pics have been outstanding too lately, new camera or did you just clean up the lens. :LOL: :LOL:

Vermin999 said:
Great looking stuff Lew!!!!! Your pics have been outstanding too lately, new camera or did you just clean up the lens. :LOL: :LOL:
You guessed it. I bought my wife a Nikon Coolpix L110 at Costco for her birthday. She also got something she really wanted, a Barnes & Nobel Nook color reader. So I guess we both made out.

Great look'n steaks and fish! We eat alot of beef since there is no fish out here in BFE so I'd have to take 2 of those mahi mahi(aka dolphin, right?). The fish
looks excellent!

BTW, those are HUGE potatoes!

Back
Top Bottom