First time Tri Tip too!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
I know Gary just posted this topic a couple days ago, but I bought some Tri Tip and had to try it.
I rubbed it with a little Wolfe Rub, and added fresh cracked pepper and smoked kosher salt.
Seared it and grilled till about 139ish.
Rested it in foil for 20 minutes while I pan fried the homemade pierogies in some evoo & butter, pepper,seasoned salt, and some vidalia onion slices.
I bought the meat at a grocery store( can't afford the butcher right now).
But it was awesome, lots of flavor!

http://img136.imageshack.us/slideshow/p ... 2302y.smil

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice job Puff! No need to get that from the butcher if the supermarket has them! Did you load the freezer while they were on sale?
I'm going back tomorrow :grin:
Buy 1 get 1 free :!:

Bryan S said:
Looks mighty fine there Puff. =D> =P~ =D> =P~ Tri Tip is a huge hit in my house also. Just made the last one i had in the freezer last week. :-(
I'm gettin' 'em buy 1 get 1 free :eek:
I'll strike ya' a deal :(

Guy's that really is some good stuff!
Thanks for all the info on how to cook it :!:

Alla Bruce :!:

brian j said:
where are you guys getting your tri-tips? they still don't carry them at my grocery store and all i get is a blank stare when i ask the guy in the meat department for them.

Brian try Wilsons in Catlett 540-788-4615. Or Costco has them as well. I think Bill TGG got them at the Sams in Charlottesville too.

Bryan S said:
[quote="brian j":2dryvsrz]where are you guys getting your tri-tips? they still don't carry them at my grocery store and all i get is a blank stare when i ask the guy in the meat department for them.
Here in PA i get mine at Trader Joe's. :D[/quote:2dryvsrz]

We ain't in PA, Harley boy!

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Bryan S":1x80nwbx][quote="brian j":1x80nwbx]where are you guys getting your tri-tips? they still don't carry them at my grocery store and all i get is a blank stare when i ask the guy in the meat department for them.
Here in PA i get mine at Trader Joe's. :D[/quote:1x80nwbx]

We ain't in PA, Harley boy![/quote:1x80nwbx]
He ain't a Harley boy yet. Trailer boy maybe... 8-[

The Joker said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":1cxntkms][quote="Bryan S":1cxntkms][quote="brian j":1cxntkms]where are you guys getting your tri-tips? they still don't carry them at my grocery store and all i get is a blank stare when i ask the guy in the meat department for them.
Here in PA i get mine at Trader Joe's. :D[/quote:1cxntkms]

We ain't in PA, Harley boy![/quote:1cxntkms]
He ain't a Harley boy yet. Trailer boy maybe... 8-[[/quote:1cxntkms]

You mean that boy ain't got that bike yet?

Back
Top Bottom