First time for MOINKS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I saw a couple of posts over the last week of MOINKS and thought I would give them a try. My plan was to cook them up for a late lunch since we were going out for drinks and appetizers with my eldest son and his fiancee.

Got a late start with the MOINKS and my wife was livid that we were going to be late so she went ahead with everyone except my youngest son, he's 22 years old, and myself. The idea was for me to stay home long enough to pull the MOINKS as soon as they were done and then join them.

Here's were things go wrong. She never should have left me there tending the grill with my youngest son (a chip off the old block I must say). Anyway, we pulled the MOINKS . . . well you guessed it. We ate them and showed up late with MOINK on our breath. She wasn't amused.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Re: First time for MONIKS

They look worth the grief from your wife. Those are some big balls what did you use to make them? The corn looks super, but I'm not sure what that other item is?

Sweet Jesus! :shock: Those are the biggest MOINKS I've ever seen!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D She shouldn't be grumpy with you at all. ;)

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do Lew. ;) 8)

Great looking MOINK balls. Was your wife made because you were late or because you guys didn't save her any?

Lew, that kinda stuff some times happens when fathers and their adult sons get together.

bbquzz said:
They look worth the grief from your wife. Those are some big balls what did you use to make them? The corn looks super, but I'm not sure what that other item is?
Well like I said, I never made MOINK balls before so I bought 3 lb. of 85/15 hamburger added 1/4 cup of cold water to the meat and mixed it up, rolled the balls in Wolfe's Original rub and put Maple cured bacon around them. I ended up with 10 of the suckers. When they were nearly done, I slathered some SBR on them.

The yellow circles are sliced summer squash with some Kosmo's Dirty Bird sprinkled on them. My son and I really enjoyed them.

Tri Tip said:
Hang in there Lew...We got your back. My wife doesn't know I'm driven out to your neighborhood to pick this up.
Gonna be sleepen on the couch (with a full belly of Santa Maria Tri Tip though) :D

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1763692923.html
Mike that's way cool. As long as the bottom isn't rusted out, how can you go wrong? I can remember my parents had an old barbecue grill that had an adjustable charcoal tray that you could crank up and down under the grill. It wasn't very big but it sure was nice to be able to adjust the height of the coals depending on what you wanted to do.

I look forward to seeing some posts with that grill in the future. Stop by when your out if you have time. I will let you look at your rotisserie again.

Shores said:
Sweet Jesus! :shock: Those are the biggest MOINKS I've ever seen!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D :D She shouldn't be grumpy with you at all. ;)

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do Lew. ;) 8)

That Lew has some BIG BALLS!

Those look like Cow Balls not moink balls. Good lord they're big. They look mighty tasty though. Just tell the wife you were bonding and spending quality time with the boy.

Good luck Tri-Tip with the new grill and the wife.

Smokey Lew said:
Tri Tip":2hj9c2xy]Hang in there Lew...We got your back. My wife doesn't know I'm driven out to your neighborhood to pick this up. Gonna be sleepen on the couch (with a full belly of Santa Maria Tri Tip though) :D [url="http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1763692923.html said:
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/for/1763692923.html[/url]
Mike that's way cool. As long as the bottom isn't rusted out, how can you go wrong? I can remember my parents had an old barbecue grill that had an adjustable charcoal tray that you could crank up and down under the grill. It wasn't very big but it sure was nice to be able to adjust the height of the coals depending on what you wanted to do.

I look forward to seeing some posts with that grill in the future. Stop by when your out if you have time. I will let you look at your rotisserie again.[/quote:2hj9c2xy]

Yeah it's built with a clamp system so yo can replace the drum. I'm doing that and lining it with fire bricks. I'll most likely have it dropped off at the powder coating shop too!
Pict's to come.

Back
Top Bottom