first cook on BGE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DATsBBQ said:
How big do you need?8)

The Kamado (it's my undestanding there are two competing brands with this similar name) is very expensive, even by ceramic cooker standards, and that big one is too big. Also, from what I've read, the Kamado would be one of the brands, regardless of price, that I would not be interested in.

I'd like one about the size of my 22.5 kettle. I may even pull the trigger if Primo or Grill Dome made one.

I've had pretty good luck with Primo. I'm due for a new gasket which I've ordered from the dealer and just need to pick up. I'm also replacing my thermometet cause I messed it up testing the Kingfisher contraption.

Someone was badmouthing the Oval in an earlier thread about the things cracking. Primo makes a good product, so not sure if that was based in trueth or urban legend. I've heard that Kamado Corps customer service leaves something to be desired.

Perhaps more to the point, I've never seen of heard of anyone leaving a BGE or Primo in the alley with a sign on it saying "FREE". :D

I wonder how long it would take to make up the cost acquition difference between a ciramic and a WSM based upon fuel consumption. Seems like the WSMs go through at least 2 chimneys of fuel on a butt/briskett to the 1/2 chimney I use in Einstein. So it they use a bag of lump to my 1/4 bag....at $15 cost differential, maybe say 15 to 20 bags and the ciramics have the edge....

X-LG has a 24 inch grate,lg is 18 1/2 grate.
I know a fellow who got sponsorship 5 or 6 years ago thru Primo and had an oval and a round kamoda shipped to Canada.On first fire up both Primos cracked from the vent up to the lid.I imagine that they have improved quality because this was a while back.I did see both of these cookers in person and it really did happen to him.
P>S The Canadian distributor is a friend of mine and he is dropping Primo out of his offerings,he is pushing Traegers on the masses.
Aaron
Dont shoot the messenger.

Just stating the facts.Hopefully it will help folks in there buying decisions.
All ceramics are good,just some are better,the old adage you get what you pay for.Peace of mind goes along way, :|

Aaron said:
X-LG has a 24 inch grate,lg is 18 1/2 grate.

How much is the XL in US dollars? I don't see much about it on the BGE site. It's mentioned on the home page, but not in the "products" page other than shipping.

Back
Top Bottom