Finney Steaks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roger M

Assistant Cook
So i was off today... well about mid day i felt like a cookie. To my amazement there was not a cookie in the house (aside from an animal one) So off to the grocery store i went. Once there i found an unadvertised managers special on angus beef striploin. $12 later i have 2 decent steaks for tonight. First person i thought of was Finney right after i get a beer... Just a little olive oil and S&P and were ready.

heres warming up.
4535588027_debcde57da_b.jpg

Steaks on!
4536215456_2b96388a4f_b.jpg

105 time to rest!
4535578941_fcbf5783a6_b.jpg

1 min sear on each side got me to 130.
4535574853_8346c6fc37_b.jpg

Nick Prochilo said:
Nice job on those Cappy steaks!

Ummm.........do a search and tell me who you first saw doing the 'Reverse Sear' method..........It wasn't Finney, it wasn't Cappy.....although Cappy invented it. :mrgreen:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3vf3quk0]Nice job on those Cappy steaks!

Ummm.........do a search and tell me who you first saw doing the 'Reverse Sear' method..........It wasn't Finney, it wasn't Cappy.....although Cappy invented it. :mrgreen:[/quote:3vf3quk0]

Scotty?

Nice lookin' steaks Roger 8)

Larry Wolfe said:
Ummm.........do a search and tell me who you first saw doing the 'Reverse Sear' method..........It wasn't Finney, it wasn't Cappy.....although Cappy invented it. :mrgreen:

Well, it's an old method but you can take credit for naming it the 'Reverse Sear', I guess :P

In the 70's we called it... "set-up and finish to the order" method :LOL:

oompappy said:
Nice lookin' steaks Roger 8)

Larry Wolfe said:

Well, it's an old method but you can take credit for naming it the 'Reverse Sear', I guess :P

I agree and never said I named or invented it......Finney did! :LOL: I only made it famous by posting on BBQ forums! :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom