Favorite BBQ sauce recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redflea

Cook
We like 'em on the spicy side (not painful, just a nice, pleasant burn on the lips) and not too sweet.

Got any sauce recipes that fit that bill that we can try?

Or a brand available nationally in store or online if you think it's particularly good.

I like taking Sweet Baby Ray's and mixing in some brown sugar, hot sauce (Louisiana hot sauce works great). I also mix in some white vinegar to give it that southern taste. It works really well with barbecue chicken and pork.

I really like Fat Johnny's Bastardized Piedmont Sauce. It's pretty much the only sauce I put out with pulled pork (on the side). It's got some heat...especially if tasted alone but on pulled pork I think it's perfect. It's kind of thin though so if you're looking for a thick sauce for something like wet ribs this probably isn't it.

Anybody who likes any version of Sweet Baby Rays have to have a loose nut going on somewhere. I could not get the pigs to eat that garbage. Best rib glaze base and table sauce available today is Texas Rib Rangers Spicy. Dont get the non spicy. Best chicken glaze and pushed pork finishing sauce comes from Headcountry Regular. Dont buy the Hot. The sign means whut it say.

bigwheel

Thanks, bigwheel...but I wish you'd stop holding back. ;-)

Did some reading on Texas Rib Rangers and definitely looks like I'll have to try it as well. The Spicy sounds right up our alley.

Forgot to mention - our favorite bottled sauce to date is Simmie J's Hickory BBQ Sauce - Spicy. Nice slow burn on the lips, not sticky sweet. Available in local stores (as well as online), which is nice.

http://www.simmiejs.com/index2.ivnu

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom