Fatted Calf Meatloaf Again - Yum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I made this meatloaf once before and it was so good I decided to give it a try again. However, this time I had my new meat grinder so I was able to grind up a fresh chuck roast for the hamburger portion of the recipe.

I used 2 pounds of fresh ground chuck roast with 2 pounds of ground sweet Italian sausage and 4 strips of thick apple cured bacon cut into 1/4 inch widths as the meat mix. Added to this was onion, Italian seasoned bread crumbs, eggs, ketchup, a dash of Tabasco and Worcestershire plus cream-style horseradish, salt and pepper.

The glaze was made with a mixture of ketchup, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce and again the cream-style horseradish. It was applied a couple times towards the end of the cook. I used a small piece of cherry wood for smoke.

I think this is one of the most flavorful meatloafs I've ever made. It was also nice and moist.

Formed loaf is placed on indirect side of Performer and cooked at a range between 375 and 400 degrees.

Once the loaf got to about 130 degrees in the center, I started adding the glaze.

Meatloaf is ready to pull at 165 degrees and rest before slicing.

Plated with potato and green salad.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

You can tell from the plated pick, there was not a lot of filler in that fo sho!! Excellent Lew!!

Horseradish makes everything better in my book. I would eat that load anytime. I am looking at putting together a horseradish bbq sauce. Anyone have a good recipe?

Looks great! I have a Griff Loaf on right now. It won't last long with my kids and their friends here.

Just cleaned up from a Griff Loaf, but may have to give this a try sometime. I find it had to believe I would like something more than Griff Loaf .... But yours might do it it sure looks great.

Yum is right, looks great ! That's going to make some tasty sandwich's.... And bacon in the loaf, I always put mine on top, I'm going to try it your way. And is that parchment under the meatloaf?

Back
Top Bottom