Epic Tbone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well here in God's Country only the imported homo sapiens drink any form of Miller. Steak looks mighty tasty.

For the first time ever on this forum I am very pleased with big huge pics! :supz:

Those are some killer before and after pics. That's my favorite cut when the butcher doesn't lop off 3/4 of the loin. Wish I was next in line at the store you were at. Actually, I wish I was in front of you, I'd take that one!

Cappy, I hate to be a stick in the mud over such a beautiful cut of meat and of course well cooked. I understand Captain Morgan, the man, the myth, the legend has created damn near everything in the BBQ and grilling world. With that said, I understand it's hard to live the life you live....but that was a porterhouse cut steak.......

Larry Wolfe said:
Cappy, I hate to be a stick in the mud over such a beautiful cut of meat and of course well cooked. I understand Captain Morgan, the man, the myth, the legend has created damn near everything in the BBQ and grilling world. With that said, I understand it's hard to live the life you live....but that was a porterhouse cut steak.......

you say that about all my t-bones.

Captain Morgan said:
[quote="Larry Wolfe":ldlg6qg9]Cappy, I hate to be a stick in the mud over such a beautiful cut of meat and of course well cooked. I understand Captain Morgan, the man, the myth, the legend has created damn near everything in the BBQ and grilling world. With that said, I understand it's hard to live the life you live....but that was a porterhouse cut steak.......

you say that about all my t-bones.[/quote:ldlg6qg9]

Only cause they're Porterhouse.

• What’s the difference between a T-bone and porterhouse steak?

At first glance the two cuts look very similar: a T-shaped bone with a larger piece of meat on one side and a smaller one on the other. But there is a significant difference. Both cuts come from the short loin, the tender section of muscle between the rib and the sirloin. The short loin is composed of the top loin and the ultra tender tenderloin, (better known as fillet mignon when cut into steaks). The large side of the T-bone and porterhouse is the top loin and the smaller side is the tenderloin. But because the T-bone is cut from the center of the short loin, as opposed to the porterhouse which is cut from the larger end, the T-bone will have a smaller piece of the tenderloin than the porterhouse. Therefore, if they are priced the same, you will get more of the tenderloin for your money with the porterhouse.

Thank god Larry is so "F"ing smart!

yeah the extra bit of tenderloin makes it a porterhouse. Most grocery stores just call em t-bones because most folks don't know the difference.

Wierd part is, I'm not a big loin fan, so I'd rather just have the t-bone. Actually I'd rather just have the ribeye, but the "t-bones" were on sale for 6.99.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom