Drunk chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronbeaux50

Head Chef
I broke down and climbed off my wallet and hired me a sure enough pro to clean my freaking pool. He was gentle with his comments on how F'd up it was.

Being a timing kinda guy I had a chicken with sides going while he was working and noticed more than once the long looks.

Beer butt chicken with avocado, and COTC. Coated real good with that citrus grill stuff and EVOO. Poured some balsamic and beer mix in the rocket and let her rip at 325 till done.

img_149199_0_a2c73192b06a0293cc580135fc1cd535.jpg

img_149199_1_68ec6bce7895ab2f11eac4244dac5f04.jpg

img_149199_2_af607802b66f049aeca712c341fce5ad.jpg

He got done just in time for me to pull it all off and let rest for a few minutes before plating with some greens from a can.

img_149199_3_4431d72a3eb6739523cf2dedfa3eb48d.jpg

img_149199_4_1808c527690170ae70befe78895b9d71.jpg

I snatched the wings and a leg which are my favorites!

Griff said:
I don't think I've ever seen grilled avocado before and I'm trying to imagine what it tastes like.

To be honest. It tastes like avocado with grill marks. With a hint of smoke.

Grill some and THEN make guacamole for a real nice change in flavor.

Interesting Ron, & looks tasty too. I know I asked ya this but can't find the post, What brand of greens wuz it?

What did have he to do to the pool?

Oh he will be back, but it won't be to clean the pool! He cut me in on some food action in Clinton the first weekend in May. The Mayor waives all license rules and lets groups show up to sell stuff including food to raise money and promote the town. I figure if I bring a couple of trophies(including a first in pork) I can lure them over for a $4.00 sammich.

I'm showing up with 6 butts to make sammiches. His group is cooking chicken and ribs and pork chops.

JB, he basically cleaned the fine particles settled to the bottom sucking up all the chemicals I pour in there. It made a 100% improvement overnight and now I'm adjusting the acid and will add stabilizer tomorrow when it clears the rest of the way up. The greens are "Glory" and they are slammin!

ronbeaux50 said:
Oh he will be back, but it won't be to clean the pool! He cut me in on some food action in Clinton the first weekend in May. The Mayor waives all license rules and lets groups show up to sell stuff including food to raise money and promote the town. I figure if I bring a couple of trophies(including a first in pork) I can lure them over for a $4.00 sammich.

I'm showing up with 6 butts to make sammiches. His group is cooking chicken and ribs and pork chops.

JB, he basically cleaned the fine particles settled to the bottom sucking up all the chemicals I pour in there. It made a 100% improvement overnight and now I'm adjusting the acid and will add stabilizer tomorrow when it clears the rest of the way up. The greens are "Glory" and they are slammin!

No pics no pool :twisted:

007bond-jb said:
ronbeaux50 said:

No pics no pool :twisted:

img_149396_0_83040991e164def4572d1394e34569fb.jpg

18x36 with an 8ft cove end. Liner pool circa 1980 on #2 liner.

gotta try

Ya i gotta try the Guac thing for my wife. Im not a huge fan but maybe it will taste better! everything else looks incredible. db

Back
Top Bottom