Dinner with Don and Lew!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bbquzz

Master Chef
The past few days I've seen two posts that stuck in my mind. Don Cash did asparagus wrapped in provolone and prosciutto and Smokey Lew did a Tri Tip. I can't say I've ever had prosciutto but it looked delicious. Fired up the OTG early this afternoon and did a Tri Tip and then turned down the heat so I would have fire at dinner time. Made up two salads and topped them with sliced Tri Tip. I wasn't exactly sure about the asparagus, but brushed it with a little evoo and then wrapped it. Put the asparagus on one of my Frog Mats at 250° for 10 minutes and it looked like it needed another 10. After 20 minutes they looked wonderful so I pulled them. I had worried the cheese might melt out, but no problem. I knew I would love the Tri Tip salad, but the asparagus .... killer.

If you have not done asparagus wrapped in provolone and prosciutto, do it. Thanks Don and Lew and thanks for looking.

Looks great Buzz. I tried the asparagus thing the other day too with prosciutto but used cream cheese instead. Good stuff.

Very nice buzz and it looks like the Tri Tip was cooked perfect. I'm a huge fan of asparagus but man do I hate the stinky pee. :LOL:

Very nice, Buzz! I've never seen prosciutto around here, I want to try it with bacon.

Nice job on the tri-tip, my kinda salad.

I think its the asparagus that makes this.

Funny how so many grillers seem to be so obsessed with meat that they forget how great veggies can taste when grilled. Peppers, asparagus - all taste great.

In a mexican restaurant, they would grill large onions for almost 24 hours. The end result was one hell of a sweet, salty and slightly pungent dish.

BigAL said:
Very nice, Buzz! I've never seen prosciutto around here, I want to try it with bacon.

Find yourself a nice little Italian deli; they'll have it for-sure. Also try the proscuitto wrapped around cantaloupe or honeydew melon; that is some good eats there!

TimBear said:
BigAL said:

Find yourself a nice little Italian deli; they'll have it for-sure. Also try the proscuitto wrapped around cantaloupe or honeydew melon; that is some good eats there!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Tim, the best Italian we have in the area(and only) is Pizza Hut. :LOL: I'd honestly have to drive about 4hrs to get some. :oops:

I like the idea of it wrapped in melon! If proscuitto works, then I don't see why bacon wouldn't. Pre smoke/grill the bacon then wrap on a slice of cantaloupe then on the hot grill for just a bit?

BigAL said:

BigAl if you are serious that you cannot find it, I have seen it at Wally World. close to the deli counter.

bbquzz said:
BigAL said:

BigAl if you are serious that you cannot find it, I have seen it at Wally World. close to the deli counter.

I am actually serious. I never thought of Wal-Mart or Sams. It's only about 30-45min away. I think they still do deli, got rid of the "fresh" fish section. Next time I'm in there(which is twice a yr), I'll check it out. I might be able to order some through our local groc butcher. Probably have to buy a butt load though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom