Delayed Valentines Day grub - Mac & cheese and Ribeye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildFireEric

Senior Cook
My gift to Amy was a dozen red roses and a balloon. She sure got a lot of attention at school that day. After seeing that arrangement, several women threatened to raise hell if their boyfriends didn't do something similar.

So in the spirit of how to 'one up me', Amy decided to make me some home made mac & cheese and buy me a Ribeye. The thing that makes this extra special is that food alergies prevent her from tasting or eating the mac & cheese. Good or bad, this would be all mine. Same thing for the steak since she's not as keen of eating beef as she is of eating chicken or a big fattie!!

Prep included me banning her from any grilling of the ribeye since she would cook it well done to make me safe from any bugs (and thus ruin this beauty). So today, she marinated it for several hours in a hidous marinade that only a steak would want to drink up (finished product was delicious). She also blended 6 cheeses into an artery clogging concoction with different blends of cream for the mac & cheese, which turned out quite well. Especially for her first time. I'll never go back to Kraft :) The steak turned out lovely with some crumbled Maytag blue cheese on top (7th cheese featured in this meal).

bon appitito

other morning

tonight - mac & cheese plus breaded rice. Ribeye with blue cheese done in Webber OTS with hickory chunk

last week's chicken but tonight's looked similar. Done on Weber OTS with cherry chunk.

same chicken minus skin. Very juicy

John A. said:
Yeah man, looking good. Uh, is that a belt buckle on that chicken :shock:

R U talking of the picture where it says "Weber" in the neck cavity? That's for beer control. Keeps the beer in the bird. Don't you have one?

Back
Top Bottom