Cuzin Homer's Chicken Delights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captain Morgan

Chef Extraordinaire
http://www.texascooking.com/features/ju ... ooking.htm

I've been making these things for years, and I love em. Making them tonight for poker night. Never have found the perfect stuffing though.
Some suggest frozen cheese, jalapeno pepps, but it's still not perfect.
Thinking about coating the insde with Texas Pepper Jelly just for kicks, hope it doesn't run out during cooking.

Any ideas?

about the cheese Cap'n, I'll suggest a bit of asiago or romano cut into say 1/4" - 1/2" cubes might work real well ... they are bot bold and very firm like brick parmesean so they shouldn't ooze all over the place on you ...

I think the chorizo is a good idea....the cheeses may work, but I'm not real familiar with that flavor.

I think the abt filling may run out, but it sounds great! I may try that soon,.

do you really think cold vegetable soup is gonna win an anything but contest in South Carolina? Serving that down here could get you strung up from the nearest tree! It's way too French!

That's "Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho with Grilled Gourmet Cheese Toast Points". Okay, okay... cold 'Grilled' vegetable soup. 8-[

Minion thought it was a good idea.
He said:
"The 'anything butt' sounds very good, would love to try it." Jim

For Myrtle Beach... I guess we could heat it up and serve it with saltines. :)

If we are going to cook down for the crowd, I guess I better start practicing making butts to a lesser level of excellence. #-o

Finney said:
That's "Grilled Vegetable Gazpacho with Grilled Gourmet Cheese Toast Points". Okay, okay... cold 'Grilled' vegetable soup. 8-[

Minion thought it was a good idea.
He said:
"The 'anything butt' sounds very good, would love to try it." Jim

For Myrtle Beach... I guess we could heat it up and serve it with saltines. :)

If we are going to cook down for the crowd, I guess I better start practicing making butts to a lesser level of excellence. #-o

ROFL!!!!

You're going to cook?
I thought you were coming to learn from me, an award winning bbqer.
By the way, Minion called to say he was just humoring you. He doesn't want to "upset the subject."

I did sorta the same thing last night. I used pepper jack cheese in 1/2 and sundried tomato in the other 1/2. They were out of this world. Dusted them also with a little of my own rub.

Back
Top Bottom