Cornell, Crashers, wrapped Grass & Cuban Garlic Bread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Don Cash

Senior Cook
My parents have never had Cornell chicken. I thought they had but...evidently not. It was on the menu tonight, paired with some other grilled favorites.

Chicken halves seasoned and ready.

img_234861_0_1368ce81e54418ac14fe55e17abd5fe2.jpg

Crash hots ready to hit the 450 oven.

img_234861_1_7fcaf6646809432620c4f8f0fa3b64ce.jpg

Chicken on the gasser.

img_234861_2_121861e2ba49aad2c5bcc6582fef4ecf.jpg

Provolone & prosciutto wrapped asparagus on the other side of the gasser.

img_234861_3_d6630c91d50946b015c4004a77d46c79.jpg

Chicken & grass off.

img_234861_4_4f6d38ed44bef0ced02d868d229a7870.jpg

Table.

img_234861_5_b88b1ff74fe103daed729b662fc34950.jpg

Plated.

img_234861_6_9b52721b122e9e6079ac39b1ce2d1d07.jpg

Another great meal down here in SW Florida! Thanks for lookin'!

Great look'n plate, Don! Very nice looking family and got a good laugh at your Dads shirt. ;)

I'm also very interested in make'n that wrapped asparagus, looks great!

Captain Morgan said:
btw, you must be a Chowhounder as well. I thought the crash hots were
a little overrated, not bad....what did you think?
Never heard of "Chowhounder" until now. Thanks! Cool looking sight. I post over at TVWBB too and the crash hots are pretty popular over there. First time doing them. I thought they were pretty good. Not very hard so I'll keep them in the side dish rotation but they aren't my favorite potato dish. I really, really like twice baked spuds.

Captain Morgan said:
DUKE???????? :-o :-o :-o :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :butthead: :vom: :vom: :vom:

Hopefully, he's a John Wayne fan.............

Well fine looking family and photos. Now since we have so many Grambling graduates on here not sure they understand the Cornell stuff. Which part o God's Country do that place happen to reside? It could save a trip or two to Google if somebody care to impart some first hand knowledge on this topic. The Warden aint even got a clue. This is odd. Try the dead chicken skin side down some day.

bigwheel said:
Well fine looking family and photos. Now since we have so many Grambling graduates on here not sure they understand the Cornell stuff. Which part o God's Country do that place happen to reside? It could save a trip or two to Google if somebody care to impart some first hand knowledge on this topic. The Warden aint even got a clue. This is odd. Try the dead chicken skin side down some day.

did you ever do Roadside chicken? similar technique, but Roadside has more
flavor imho.

BW, Cornell University is in Ithaca, NY and is the home of the Noo Yawk State Cooperative Extension service. They invented the recipe back in the 50's

Wow thanks for the info. Not sure about the Roadside Chicken deal. Nearly bet I have ate some or maybe made some. Is that the one where you mop it with vinegar and butter maybe?

bigwheel said:
Wow thanks for the info. Not sure about the Roadside Chicken deal. Nearly bet I have ate some or maybe made some. Is that the one where you mop it with vinegar and butter maybe?

yeppers. This thread got me going and I made some last night.

Back
Top Bottom