cleaning up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jminion1

Sous Chef
A brass bristol brush or turn up the heat after the cook and carbonize the stuff on the grates and it will come off easier.

Well ya know I have to agree with that Minion boy about darn near everything just to keep my reputation ya know:) Will agree on the light it up and let it burn plan. When it starts smelling like burning plastic..dont chicken out. Once it hits around a thousand degrees it gonna start coming down in a bit and you just start removing the carbon build up type stuff. Get it out and start fresh. Thanks Jim. You are such an inspirational figger to me and a bunch of other. I cant believe you finally tricked me into cooking on a gas grill:) Love you and yours..Merry Christmas.

bigwheel

I would check the brass bristle brush store there in SF; or any store that sells grills or barbecue supplies. I'm sure the store where you bought your grill has them.

Re: grill cleaning

happygrilling2u said:
Hey Bruce and Pig,
Thanks guys for the good tips--I'll be on the lookout for a good brass bristle brush to take care of the cleaning. This is one hecka cool site. Best wishes for the New Year to all!

There are alot of people here with a great wealth of sharable knowledge. Your right it is a great site! ;)

Back
Top Bottom