Citrus Tuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I messed up last weekend on the tuna, but this weekend I nailed it!!! WOW this stuff is good!! Seasoned with Wolfe Rub Citrus "version II" and drizzled with a little oil. Seared for 1.5 minutes on each side! Much mo betta flavor, especially citrus flavor on this batch. The heat is probably about half as the first batch. Getting close, I'll find out more later with the chicken.

The charred on the outside, raw on the inside tuna is the best. It may actually even be a diet food. Good job Larry.

Griff

That is a nice looking piece of tuna. If I have got to eat healthly - that be it for me. Nice job Larry.

Gator

I'll tell you what, I've had raw tuna "sashimi" but I've never grilled it. This stuff rocks!!! I'll be eating alot of this over at least the next 4 months!!!

Larry Wolfe said:
I messed up last weekend on the tuna, but this weekend I nailed it!!! WOW this stuff is good!! Seasoned with Wolfe Rub Citrus "version II" and drizzled with a little oil. Seared for 1.5 minutes on each side! Much mo betta flavor, especially citrus flavor on this batch. The heat is probably about half as the first batch. Getting close, I'll find out more later with the chicken.

Larry,
Where did you pick that tuna up? I've been getting mine from Costco but, unlike many of the other food purchases there, I haven't been that happy with it.

LowRent said:
Larry Wolfe said:

Larry,
Where did you pick that tuna up? I've been getting mine from Costco but, unlike many of the other food purchases there, I haven't been that happy with it.

Actually I got it from Blooms, three frozen vac sealed pieces for like $7.

Larry Wolfe said:

I'm not familiar w/Blooms, but I've been buying frozen vacuum packed as well (I'm pretty sure that's what most sushi places use--though I am certain there are various grades of tuna as well). Do you know what type of tuna it said on the package?

LowRent said:
Larry Wolfe said:

I'm not familiar w/Blooms, but I've been buying frozen vacuum packed as well (I'm pretty sure that's what most sushi places use--though I am certain there are various grades of tuna as well). Do you know what type of tuna it said on the package?

Blooms is just a spruced up Food Lion, owned by the same people. The frozen seafood of any kind is the way to go, unless you live on the coast and buy locally caught seafood. The crap they have in the seafood section around his is all previously frozen and for crap!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom