Chuck Rolls..............well sorta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigwheel said:
Hearty congrats on that fine showing. I musta missed the recipe. Now where can it be found? Thanks.

bigwheel

BW, go to the first page of this post, that's as close of a recipe I have. I kinda just threw this together, but will be doing it again for sure! Thanks.

Ok I still aint found no recipe even after following the treasure map. If you want to keep secrets thats just fine..sniff sniff.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:
Hearty congrats on that fine showing. I musta missed the recipe. Now where can it be found? Thanks.

bigwheel

BW, go to the first page of this post, that's as close of a recipe I have. I kinda just threw this together, but will be doing it again for sure! Thanks.

bigwheel said:
Ok I still aint found no recipe even after following the treasure map. If you want to keep secrets thats just fine..sniff sniff.

bigwheel

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Okay Big Fella, stop the tears.............Here's as close to a recipe as I have and it is on the first page but I'll post it here for your convenience.

I seared a 7 bone chuck roast naked, then liberally doused with WRB, put into a pan and cooked in the smoke for another hour, then foiled the pan untl the meat was tender

Then I grilled a head of cabbage, red onion and the serranos. Then julienned those. I blanched and chopped baby spinach and baby carrots. Mixes all the ingredients plus some garlic, salt and pepper. I then mixed the meat and veggies and placed in the fridge to cool.

I then made a dipping sauce which consisted of Reverend Marvins Hot BBQ Sauce, Brown Sugar, Soy Sauce and Sesame Oil. Brought to a boil and reduced by 1/4.

Filled egg roll wrappers with the chuck/veggie mixture and deep fried until golden brown. They turned out much better than expected!!!

bigwheel said:
Got it copied. Thanks.

bigwheel

You're welcome, if you decide to try it let me know what you think. One suggestion is to leave out the spinach totally or replace it with a green that will hold up better like collards.

Back
Top Bottom