Chipotle Loin Chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Grilled some loin chops on Monday with a dusting of Knox's Chipotle BBQ seasoning. Also had some grilled asparagus with Baby Bella Mushrooms and cheesy potatoes. All-in-all, it was a nice way to finish off the three day holiday.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great job Lew looks excellent. Now tell us about Mr. Knox's Chipolte rub. I got some but been a bit timid to use it on account it might bees a bit spicy in the heat department for the wimmen and chillins or maybe any yankees in the crowd for some reason. Marriage etc. Kindly gives us the scoop. Thanks.

bigwheel

Bigwheel you kill me.

Its a bit spicy but I would like to know what Smokey Lew thinks. Be honest Smokey, I am not easily offended. Everything you made looks great. I do not think I ever grilled shrooms like that. MAy have to add it to my short list.

Send me a note that you are from the forum next time and if I have samples of something we are working on I will send it your way. That goes for all the BBQ Centralites.

Well no matter whichaway Lew swings on this deal his efforts will of course have to be duplicated by others who arrive at the same conclusion. I will try it next time on pork loin slices. Providing Lew aint got his lips burned off etc:) Heck you might even need to add a special Tejas Version which got some extry kick to it. Hard to tell on these kinda deals sometimes.

bigwheel

bknox said:
Bigwheel you kill me.

Its a bit spicy but I would like to know what Smokey Lew thinks. Be honest Smokey, I am not easily offended. Everything you made looks great. I do not think I ever grilled shrooms like that. MAy have to add it to my short list.

Send me a note that you are from the forum next time and if I have samples of something we are working on I will send it your way. That goes for all the BBQ Centralites.
Well I really like the Chipotle rub. I find It mildly spicy with a nice smokey undertone. I rubbed yellow mustard on the chops so the rub would stick nicely, sprinkled on the rub and patted it into the meat. They went on the grill over indirect heat about a 1/2 hour later.

When the chops were nearly done, I dabbed them with a little vegetable oil and put them over the direct heat for a minute on each side just to get a bit of a crust on the edges.

On a couple of the chops I noticed that the flavor of the rub was a bit more muted. Probably had them over the direct heat a bit to long and the rub didn't hold up. Just guessing. Could be I didn't get enough on those chops.

Anyway, I thought they came out excellent. I'm going to try it on some Mahi-Mahi next time.

Yall making me real hongry here. Now I got to go eat my baloney sandwich. Thanks.

bigwheel

Lew, your killing me. That look's great! Every now and then I can pull a meal off like that. Just proof that a blind hog can find a acorn every now and then.(that would be me :LOL: )

Pigs

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom