Chimney lighting trick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BchrisL said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Diva Q":3u5fxt1t]Torches scare me to be honest.

I like those little weber cubes Witt lent me some last year. They work great and are so easy.

Honestly the hose torch is not scary at all, pretty much a big lighter. Nothing whatsoever to be skeered of!

I used a hose torch for some time, but my friends at some of the competitions showed me

img_144696_0_53517b84c0503a8baced48ff6075a139.gif

this.

It is a weed burner available at
Harbor Freight

ITEM 91037-8VGA

It makes a lot of noise if you run it wide open, but it has a pilot valve to adjust the flame so I rarely hit the trigger to get a full blast. It also has a pizo igniter so there is no holding a match near the business end with your hand. I like the way the fire is far away from my hand when I am lighting the charcoal. There is also a simular model at Brookstone that uses a small bottle of propane. It can get my BGE with a full load of lump fully lit in about three minutes.

WOOSH!!!![/quote:3u5fxt1t]This is the one I use also. I like the way the igniter works also.Make sure the fitting that connects to the torch is tight because this is the one that caught on fire with me two weeks ago tonight. Still have stubles on my arm from where the hair was singed off. It cleans the grates super fast too.

Well I'm the proud owner of one them prickly pear burner flame throwers from Harbor Freight. Dont use it often these days since I have moved over to propane and electricity but I got it just in case. Only way to fly to light up a fire.

bigwheel

BchrisL said:
Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Diva Q":8y7i2sy3]Torches scare me to be honest.

I like those little weber cubes Witt lent me some last year. They work great and are so easy.

Honestly the hose torch is not scary at all, pretty much a big lighter. Nothing whatsoever to be skeered of!

I used a hose torch for some time, but my friends at some of the competitions showed me

img_161065_0_53517b84c0503a8baced48ff6075a139.gif

this.

It is a weed burner available at
Harbor Freight

ITEM 91037-8VGA

It makes a lot of noise if you run it wide open, but it has a pilot valve to adjust the flame so I rarely hit the trigger to get a full blast. It also has a pizo igniter so there is no holding a match near the business end with your hand. I like the way the fire is far away from my hand when I am lighting the charcoal. There is also a simular model at Brookstone that uses a small bottle of propane. It can get my BGE with a full load of lump fully lit in about three minutes.

WOOSH!!!![/quote:8y7i2sy3]
And if nobody knows......EVERYTHING at harbour freight is priced really nice! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom