Chile Verde

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
I got a new 5 quart dutch oven and finally go to use it today. First I fired up the grill and applied two additional coats of seasoning to it.

Cut us some bone in loin chops and some country style ribs into bite size pieces and browned them up a bit.

Chopped up some cilantro and a package of fire roasted hatch chiles. Added some garlic powder, forgot to buy garlic,(As I'm typing this I just remembered I have some frozen in the freezer. darn it!!!) and a 28 oz can of green enchilada sauce.

Cooked the chili with the lid on stirring every thirty minutes for an hour and a half and cooked another additional 30 minutes uncovered.

Served it over white rice and pinto beans. I have only had this dish a couple of times and think this is the best I have had.

Also made corn bread using about a quarter of the chopped up hatch chilies added to it along with some creamed corn. Pics aren't the best, I hate when it gets dark at 5 in the evening now!!

Ok that last batch of Chicom iron I got from Academy Sports was coated heavy with wax. Best to burn that stuff off outdoors. Glad they are preseasoned nowadays.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom