Chicken night w/ Suckle Busters seasoning samples

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I got a seasoning sample pack from Suckle Busters and though I would try out their Tex-Mex "Texas Gold Dust" and a little of their "Texas Gunpowder" (ground jalapeno powder) on some brined chicken breasts. I also grilled up some Asian eggplant and roasted some tomatillos.

Used a combination of direct & indirect heat on the eggplant and chicken. The seasoning on the chicken came out really nice. I would of liked a bit more heat from the jalapeno powder but I think I went a bit to conservative when I dusted the chicken and the direct grilling cooked the heat out of it. If I was more patient, I should have gone indirect heat all the way with the breasts. Good results anyway. I still give it two yums!

Now Lew, you did drink a few beers while cooking this, right? I mean, there is no way you can cook something as nice as that with a taste or three! ;)

Nick Prochilo said:
Now Lew, you did drink a few beers while cooking this, right? I mean, there is no way you can cook something as nice as that with a taste or three! ;)
Ya, I admit it. I had a couple of them on hand while I was grilling the chicken. Maybe that's why the grill marks were all crooked. :oops:

Griff said:
Lew, tomatillos is one thing I have zero experience with. How do they taste? Spicy?
Here's a description of their taste: Flavors of green apple, lemon, with herbal, tart undertones. Can be used raw or cooked. Cooking tempers the intensity of the flavors. They are a very common in Mexican and Latin American cuisine. There's a very interesting article on them at this link if you want to find out more about their history and uses.

http://www1.excite.com/home/food_n_drin ... 01,00.html

Smokey Lew said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1uzu1asq]Now Lew, you did drink a few beers while cooking this, right? I mean, there is no way you can cook something as nice as that with a taste or three! ;)
Ya, I admit it. I had a couple of them on hand while I was grilling the chicken. Maybe that's why the grill marks were all crooked. :oops:[/quote:1uzu1asq]

If you can't have a few pops while cooking your not grillin. Wonderful lookin meal Lew.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom