Chicken Dinner Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
I finally moved the WSM out of the attic and back to her rightful place on the deck! Also, since it was 60 today I went to the store and got chicken thighs to grill...along with grilled orange peppers and a tomato...also 2 sweet potatoes! Everything turned out great and it was sooooooo nice to be outside using the grill again. The following link has pictures of the event...make sure to choose "Chicken Cook" album!

CLICK HERE

EVOO then some season salt and Morton's Nature's Seasoning...honestly, the skin is the best part...tater was good too! :D

Looks great Chef Attic! I love that crispy skin....gonna be 70 today with sunshine....planning on a victory steak after the Tar Heels win!

Jeff E said:
That chicken looks really good. Is that a different cover on your WSM than the one that came with it? The cover for mine fits a lot tighter.

That's the cover that came with it...perhaps you could snap a photo of your so I can see the difference...it has 2 stertchy straps to go over the legs in the bottom...??? :?

That's the one I have, but i thought it was tighter....Maybe because I have a garbage bag under it....my WSM doesn't get any indoor pampering...

Rob

Yeah, I did, around the middle. I haven't had my cover on in a while since I usually use the Silver Jacket. I thought mine use to be tighter...

Jeff E said:
[quote="Rob D.":23xjgri1]That's the one I have, but i thought it was tighter....Maybe because I have a garbage bag under it....my WSM doesn't get any indoor pampering...

Rob

Those are my thoughts exactly. I also keep a gargbage bag under mine to keep the moisture out.[/quote:23xjgri1]
That's why I use the Silver Jacket ~ It's water proof. Good idea with the garbage bag though. :)

Susan Z said:
You keep yer silver jacket on all the time? I keep mine safely tucked away until needed.
Not during the summer ~ The weather is usually nice enough to leave it uncovered. I have a high but wide overhang in that corner that keeps it dry unless the winds up to around 20 mph or more.

Greg Rempe said:
[quote="Rob D.":3fb1jtbe]...Maybe because I have a garbage bag under it....

And putting it in the attic is extreme??...you put diapers on yours!! :LOL: 8)[/quote:3fb1jtbe]

Come on, Greg! My WSM is less than a year old, it's still not trained yet! :oops:

Seriously though, if you're lazy like I am and don't clean it til ya use it again, the garbage bag keeps ya from having ash sludge in the bottom after a heavy rain...

Rob

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom