Cheeseburgers from Adam Lang's "BBQ 25"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I purchase Adam Lang's "BBQ 25" and tried the cheeseburger recipe. The "25" stands for his 25 top recipes. This is the second time I did these burgers and they are quite tasty.

The main thing that's different than the way I've done burgers in the past is that he only mixes 1/4 cup of cold water into 2.5 lb. of 80/20 hamburger. I've always mixed seasonings into the meat before grilling.

On this same point, JB just posted a video on this blog about flame broiled hamburgers. He stated that you never mix seasoning into the meat. Just some salt and pepper on the burger before grilling. He says seasoning inside the burger meat makes it chewy like sausage. Must be true if both Lang and JB agree on this.

Anyway, after the burgers are mixed, you grill up some sweet onion in a big cast Iron fry pan. As soon as they are transparent and slightly browned, move them aside so you can put the patties in the pan to sear. After a couple of minutes on both sides put them on the grill to cook. The final assembly requires piling the onions mixed with a little parsley on top of the burgers. I added some sautéed mushroom to the mix, as well. Then you put a slice of sharp cheddar cheese on top of everything and let it melt and get gooey.

I didn't get a shot of the plated meal. It was all eaten before I could get the camera out again. Yum, Yum.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok folks, Lew is really starten to show us up. :oops: Gonna have to step up the game!
P.S. Lew, I love watchen the inside of the grill get darker and darker with each cook.
Do you add any oil to the onions?

Tri Tip said:
Ok folks, Lew is really starten to show us up. :oops: Gonna have to step up the game!
P.S. Lew, I love watchen the inside of the grill get darker and darker with each cook.
Do you add any oil to the onions?
The onions were cooked with 1 tbs of unsalted butter and a dash of canola oil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom