Cheeekanz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottyDaQ

Master of All
Right...So I'm watching Gordon Ramsay the other day yeah? He's making this sauce with mayonnaise, creme fresh, garlic, S&P, chives, & lime juice.

I thought Bloody Hell, that sounds smashing..might be good on chicken yah?. So, I got ma head out of ma ass, grew a set of bullocks, and got crackin. Yes?

I didn't want to be in the s**t. After all, it's wake up, move your ass, or piss off home. Anyway, I started basting the sauce onto the chicken as it was cooking. The other two, just had been rubbed with garlic, Lawrys salt & pepper, & onion powder. .... Right. I put some more sauce on top for service.

Really good mate. Nice flavor from the limes yes? F*** me... It's Outstanding !

img_150594_5_4ee69cb72775c61e80b2a6e1b8142c50.jpg

Thanks yanks....buncha bloody wankas...the lot of ya. :LOL:

I was surprised how much the lime flavor stayed with the chicken. I tried some before adding the sauce at the end, and DAMN... it was still there.

Yeah JB, the skin was just crisping up when I put on the sauce on for the first time...but it was still firm when I plated it.

I started the breasts low ... Minion method with probably 20 lit coals. (just a sliver open on the One Touch Gold for about 45 minutes, with apple wood ... to get that nice smokey color), started basting, and then started cranking the heat up at the end. That helped the sauce crisp too. BOY.

When I saw it...I was thinking.... That's like an ABT filing, (I make mine with most of that stuff) so WTF not? One for the books. ... Will do it again.

BLOODY HELL!

Creme fresh..... aka creme fraiche.
Common in Europe, US...not so much. You're lucky if you can find it. I had to go to a couple upscale places to find it....but you can make your own:
http://www.ochef.com/206.htm
Most people make a facsimile of crème fraîche by adding a tablespoon of buttermilk to a cup of whipping cream, heating it gently to 110°F (45°C), then putting it in a loosely covered bottle in a warm place and letting it sit for anywhere from 8 hours to a couple of days, until thick. Store it in the refrigerator, where it will thicken further, and keep for about three weeks. You can also whip it like whipping cream.

The higher lipid content in it lets you use a cream with high heat, and acids...like lime juice without having to worry about curdling. ;)

Look at me... being all Kevin Krugerish! .... just kidding Kevin. ;) :LOL:

The f*#ki**g chives are raw! Do you want your family to get food poisoning? Oh bloody hell!! F**k me!
Throw it out! Yes??

Looks awesome brotha'
;)

WoW, that looks awesome.. I'd like to try to make them someday.. Good job!!!!
Goofy%20thumbs%20Up.gif

Back
Top Bottom