Cheater Pulled Pork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vermin999

Executive Chef
Almost 5 lbs country style ribs seasoned with some Mad Hunky General Purpose rub.
img_254110_0_887c8c44d3f2ab21f8fcaf3e583ff727.jpg

CSRs were cooked till 165 then foiled till tender. Most of it was pullable but I still used a cleaver to chop it up.
img_254110_1_b66fb8868f5d37d4992821c3fba74db7.jpg

A can of Bush's beans, sauteed onion, a little beer, BBQ sauce and a couple of hot dogs and cooked on the grill.
img_254110_2_c4fbf697f95efd2ccb135c182ed01344.jpg

Pulled pork sandwich, PP, BBQ sauce, Tabasco sauce and cole slaw on a bun. Its amazing how that cole slaw looks exactly like KFC cole slaw. Its as if someone was too lazy to make their own and stopped at KFC on the way home and just bought some..... interesting.
img_254110_3_6b50808b14c97514eee8eee5707737ad.jpg

It all looks great V and that slaw does look mysteriously like KFC. I was going to ask the recipe, but then realized I need to ask The Colonel ;)

My late mom in law always said " I don't care that it comes from a fast food place , KFC is the best cole slaw ever!".......and that old gal was right about everything!

Looks great Vermin. Will agree with Mom on the KFC cole slaw. They make it taste mo betta than many scratch made versions. Love the stuff..lol. Their corn on the cob aint too shabby neither. They always seem to get ears which are fuller than what can be bought at the store.

Yeah..from having spent the best years of my life trying to talk sense into hard headed yankees from the Carolinas..I know some folks favor the venegar version and best not call it cole slaw..its slaw lol. First time I heard about pushed pork being invented happened to try it with KFC and everybody loved it so saw no reason to change it up. Now have snagged a bag of shredded cole slaw mix and a bottle of Kroger brand dressing. Thats purty dang good too. I do not like the hidden ranch coleslaw dressing. It taste a little bland or something.

I guess I got distracted talking about cole slaw , but I meant to say what a cool idea making PP from CSR'S ....makes sense since its shoulder after all. Anyhow , that looked real tasty , verm.....can I call you verm?

Yeah Griff whats up on the lack o Beanie Weenies up North? Do we need to get a hold of Sister Sarah to fix the problemo?

the kfc slaw is ok but we here in the piedmont of NC prefer the white slaw or mayo slaw. By the way, nice looking grub.

Well think KFC is mayo slaw along with a few other ingredients such as sugar and vinegar etc. Used to have the clone recipe for it around here somewhere.

I think I got this here:

KFC Slaw

Ingredients:

8 cups cabbage, finely diced, about 1 head
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
2 tablespoons onions, minced
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions:

1. Cabbage and carrots must be finely diced. (I use fine shredder disc on food processor) .

2. Pour cabbage and carrot mixture into large bowl and stir in minced onion.

3. Using regular blade on food processor process remaining ingredients until smooth.

4. Pour over vegetable mixture and mix thoroughly.

5. Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.

Now scuse me..as DJ say There is no way on earth that Chik Filet slaw compare to KFC. KFC is one thousand times hands down mo betta. Now as far as the chicken I dont have no gripes on they have good chicken. They also have great chicken salad sanwiches for them who want a change up. Chicken noodle soup is passable. Fine salads but they have a bunch of funky dressings. I would stick with Ranch on that.

Back
Top Bottom