charcouterie, crab gazpatcho, and grilled lamb chops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Griff

Master Chef
We had some friends over for Saturday night dinner. The first course was all charcouterie.
The top row is summer sausage and salami from Dave Witt. Thanks Dave, it was great. The bottom row is some salami from Salumi in Seattle. Mario Batalli's mom and dad own that place. They got nothing on wittdog.
[attachment=3:fdxotpzq]d1 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:fdxotpzq]
This plate is different kinds of Italian prosciutto and Italian cured ham from an Italian deli here in Anchorage.
[attachment=1:fdxotpzq]d2 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:fdxotpzq]
The next course was gazpacho with king crab. I used Finney, Cap'n, Larry, and Woody's prize winning recipe from this board. It is always a huge hit.
[attachment=2:fdxotpzq]d3 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:fdxotpzq]
We finished up with grilled lamb chops with chimichurri sauce and chimichurri mint sauce. The side is chick pea, basil, and parmesan salad.
[attachment=0:fdxotpzq]d4 (Medium).JPG[/attachment:fdxotpzq]
Unfortunately, I failed to get a pic of the homemade lemon cheese cake that was dessert.

Griff, your forgiven on the missing cheese cake! I'm sure alcohol is mixed in somewhere with the missing pictures! Freakin awesome looking meal!

What a fantastic looking meal, Griff! Forget dessert, if I was still hungry I'd want more gaspatcho and one of those mega thick lamb chops!

Very nice, Griff, very nice. Thanks for the pix.

Excellent. Ya know it amazes me how good you folks eat up there. Here all these years I thought Alaskans was living off buckets of fermented raw fish and walrus blubber. Least thats whut they taught in fifth grade geography class. Yall have come a long way baby:)

Nice Mr. Griff. Kinda' bummed on the cheesecake pic mishap...........but......who remembers desert? ;)

bigwheel said:
Excellent. Ya know it amazes me how good you folks eat up there. Here all these years I thought Alaskans was living off buckets of fermented raw fish and walrus blubber. Least thats whut they taught in fifth grade geography class. Yall have come a long way baby:)

We didn't have an Alaska when you were in 5th grade!

Hmmmm...dang think you might be right. It was called Seward's folly back in them days seems like. Recall it only cost two cents an acre but that was back when two cents was worth something. Person could buy a box of matches and a jaw breaker for that kinda money.

You've done one hell of a job with the plating, especially the crab gazpatcho. The lamb looks awesome too, and I love the side - chick peas with basil is a combo I've never worked with before. What was the seasoning you used for the side?

Back
Top Bottom