Carne Al Pastor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
I got behind on some of my posts this week. The Carne Al Pastor was from last Sunday night. Our local Mexican market has a great butcher counter and kitchen for home made salsas, etc.

I purchased the marinated pork and all the other soft taco trimmings from their kitchen. I think the whole spread cost about $16.00. All I had to do was cook down the pork on the grill in my CI fry pan until the marinade caramelized with the pork and onion which was already in the mix.

Heated up some refried beans and toasted the tortillas on the grill . . . Olay!

Carne Al Pastor just on the grill and then cooked down just a bit. I cooked it a lot more to get the caramelization and crispy edges on the pieces of pork.

The plated fixings look a mess but man did it taste good.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Goodness...that looks excellent. Fine job. I bought some marinated beef Fajita meat at the Mexican Market down here one time. Only gripe I had was somebody had went wild with the Adolphs Meat Tenderizer and it give it a gritty mouf feel which is so often the case with the end result of that unholy stuff. Hopefully they dont abuse pork in such a shabby manner.

bigwheel

Looks great!! Places around here charge ten bucks for that kinda plate and I'll bet yours is a thousand times better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom