Burgers & Fries

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Ground up a chuck pot roast I had in the freezer for tonight's burgers and fries.

Everything is set to go.

CI skillet with a little canola oil and butter to cook onions and set protein of burger patties. Frying in pan with butter adds an extra layer of flavor and crispness to burgers.

After a couple of minutes on each side in skillet, they're put on hot grill over direct coals.

And flipped for finish.

Plated burger with oven fries and Santa Maria style Pinquito beans. The beans were leftover from party a week ago last Saturday. Still good!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Smokey Lew":3a590svb]

This pic is EPIC!

Curious.......why start with the pan versus cooking on the grill the whole time?[/quote:3a590svb]
Thought it would crisp up the surface a bit more and help seal in the juices. As it turned out it probably was a wast of time. Did another burger for lunch today without the CI pan and it turned out great.

Smokey Lew said:
As it turned out it probably was a wast of time.
I don't know, I bet the butter added a huge amount of flavor. "Waste of time" or not, I'm going to give this technique a try...Awesome looking plate, Lew!

I like the idea of cook'n w/the onions and butter. Everything looks fantastic except for ONE thing..............
KETCHUP!? WTH is wrong with you!? ;) :D

I just don't know about you anymore, Lew. The sun is get'n to ya. :LOL:

Just joke'n, to each their own. ;)

BigAL said:
I like the idea of cook'n w/the onions and butter. Everything looks fantastic except for ONE thing..............
KETCHUP!? WTH is wrong with you!? ;) :D
Yea I know where you are coming from. I'm a big fan of Suckle Busters Sweet Tangy Spicy BBQ Sauce and that's usually what I will go for but I was going more for the old fashion American classic burger taste. Of course If it was a 100% that, I would of put some lettuce and sliced tomato on it. :LOL:

Fantastic looking burger with the grilled onions!!! Personally I like a burger with a crust on them. The onions will release moisture when you cook them with the burgers and you won't be able to form that crust.

Back
Top Bottom