Bottom Round

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bigwheel said:
Ahhh man...so sorry to hear the bad news on the steaks. Looking on the bright side at least it was bottom round. Coulda been a lot worse. It coulda been a Tenderloin off one of them Kobi beef raised under the AC/Heater in the shade of Mt. Fujiyama and given rub downs and allowed to drink beer and stuff. I think the end cuts is a hundred bucks a pound or so...or at least in that general vicinity maybe. Now that woulda been a crying shame.

bigwheel

True - True ---- Thanks for the advice BW. Sorry about the slam on the other thread, but it was too wide open and I just couldnt hold back. ;) :LOL:

Not a problemo. I am used to folks picking on me. The trend started back in the 50's when my left wing liberal (voted for Prez Osama) big brudder decided I would make a good punching bag. Hasn't been much let up since then. Guess I am just too easy to abuse..sniff sniff. I'm going to take some assertiveness training one of these days. If it be free of course.

bigwheel

Pre mix:

img_181945_0_36c8437bb66e5ccd5b78e9e40a3b89b4.jpg

and the loaf:
img_181945_1_ad9e0ac67dba8605d99c274afa4fcdad.jpg

some pizza we did friday pep cheese olives artichoke hearts pineapple etc:
img_181945_2_62c0453e1013846c98fc3e42f15bdcc7.jpg

img_181945_3_bec832df4e91121f0b95b098c0eaf07f.jpg

Some fresh salsa that was just now finished:
img_181945_4_320e2ea9239cb9f891454fe05044a2bb.jpg

And shes got one hell of a Bannana cherry pie commin up in a minute....holy crap it looks good! Im a lucky man today!

Now whut happened to the sad ruint steak story etc? Whut is them big dark hunks of something in the salsa? Why aint you got no anchovies and pickled japs on the pizzer? Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Thanks.

bigwheel

Sorry bout them japs & fish - kids were eatin withus.

Also Scotty thanks. I wish the camera worked worth a damn.

Its at 165* right now.

Ahhh well yes I can feel your pain on the kiddie food. I been eating it for a long time. Got to eat it for the kids sake then along comes grand chillins and got to start back at Pablum yet again. Now I am drawing the line on great grand chillins..they can either learn to like garlic..onyawns..anchovies..japs etc. or they can take a hike. A person can only be pushed so far ya know?

bigwheel

No way, that glass lasagne dish is 4 inches deep and prob 16 long. The family ate 1/2 of it. It'll be gone tomorrow! Oh ya and ill post pics of the inside tomorrow...........beers (grin) ;) ;) :D

It tasted great. The kids loved it. I thought it was kinda bland. I couldnt really taste the sausage. Ill make it again though. Sorry the camera sucks.

img_182034_0_db9614039189f36a43a148ba3a58a918.jpg

and heres the pie I mentioned. It was KILLER! Strawberry - banana

img_182034_1_8ce78c358a7c9535b61bd2c838e4c762.jpg

img_182034_2_201747ea2e0b2439e34026359f518c6c.jpg

Do look good. Hard to imagine it being bland. Didnt seem to be any bland ingredients in it. Maybe you a Texan at heart and got your taste buds burnt off over the years:)

bigwheel

Maybe a little over cooked i didnt pull it off till 190* ....not on purpose though. But, like i said it was still good and ill be trying that again. Especially cause the boy ate it. He's really picky. My daughter on te other hand will eat almost anything.

Hmmm yes..would wager that was a bit overdone. Glad to hear the finicky eater liked it. Thats a good sign.

bigwheel

Been there..done that. It normally cuzed by cooking drunk. Remember well some of the best advice I ever got in my life when we decided to start making a few area cookoffs. Fella tole me, "Stay sober..usually the soberest one wins." Swear I'm gonna try it one of these days:)

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom