Boneless chuck short ribs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MI Smoke

Senior Cook
Tried some Costco short ribs tonight.
Hit them with salt, pepper, and garlic salt. The family gave them the thumbs up. I think next
time they get foiled, and some broth next time-

img_233532_0_db14055fa07a4a227d295bb7d660b3fc.jpg

img_233532_1_35eea6bab5908f56ab91fff1f67df3a5.jpg

img_233532_2_bbc6d3bd10267cebd0fd4e6959e32e0e.jpg

Nick Prochilo said:
That do look good! I think foil would help them out tremendously. I usually braise my short ribs to make them not so chewy.
U can see from the pics it wasn't dry, but they were a little too chewy for me. Next time im gunna treat them like a brisket and foil 2/3 of the way.

MI Smoke said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":2xrks60w]That do look good! I think foil would help them out tremendously. I usually braise my short ribs to make them not so chewy.
U can see from the pics it wasn't dry, but they were a little too chewy for me. Next time im gunna treat them like a brisket and foil 2/3 of the way.[/quote:2xrks60w]

Yeah. When I've done them on the bone on the smoker, they are way juicy, just too chewy. I think the foil will do the trick for you, it will be like braising them.

They look realllllly good. I was just looking at some this past weekend. Is there any special way to cook them?

ScottyDaQ said:
Costco has invented a rib without bones!?!!?!?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a sliced up tri tip.

Sure looks good though!

I was thinking the same thing but who gives a rats ass...them look tasty!

JWJR40 said:
They look realllllly good. I was just looking at some this past weekend. Is there any special way to cook them?
I Smoked them at 235*. Took about 4 hrs until my thermo went in easy. Next time about 2/3 of the way though I'm gunna foil them and add a little beef broth.
Hope this helps a little.

Back
Top Bottom