Bison Burger w/homemade dressing and slaw

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vonDrehle

Assistant Cook
Hey,
I picked up Bobby Flay's book Grill It yesterday and went ahead and tried one of the meals out for lunch/dinner today. It is a Bison burger with a homemade Red Cabbage Slaw and a homemade Pickled Okra Russian Dressing. I followed what was in the book pretty closely except for seasoning the burger(added a little spicy marinade and onions inside the burger) and exchanged a few ingredients for healthier options. I really enjoyed it and look forward to grilling the second patty I prepared for dinner with some red potatoes.

img_224812_0_ef512e566f1b4ef4f2777e3a7a5ede9a.jpg

The Pickled Okra Russian Dressing
img_224812_1_9fdf4f108fff8a823c5a8d8342205b25.jpg

The Red Cabbage Slaw
img_224812_2_2d94bceabb0d1c5cbbaca59fdbabeb13.jpg

img_224812_3_8b6f6fe2b91fbc4c775b5df6be40659c.jpg

Hey Chris, that look pretty good. How much time did it take to get the Okra dressing and slaw together? I have the Culinary Institute of America Grilling cook book and it has some wonderful recipes for sides, etc. but there are always a lot of elements in them and it takes a lot of prep time. How's Bobby Flay's book seem in this regard?

Thanks guys.

The dressing and the slaw probably took around 30 minutes at the most. And that is mostly because I am not the quickest guy with a knife. Someone with knife skills or an easy way to chop vegetables could probably make the dressing and slaw in under 15 minutes. And just from thumbing through the book it seems most of his little side dishes like that are just cutting some vegetables and herbs and then mixing them in a bowl with other stuff. Of course I did have to purchase several components but my pantry isn't the most stocked so that might not be a problem for others.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom