Birthday Bash Big Success

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Last Saturday was my wife's and son's birthday bash. We had over 30 guests who attended for the celebration and BBQ.

Here's what I served. I got to say, I went nuts on this and cooked enough food to feed 60.

MAIN DISHES
1. Spicy Peach Chicken (8 whole chickens cooked at high heat in the WSM. Got lots of thumbs up on this dish.)
2. Grilled Chicken Wings w/ Spicy Chipotle Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese-Yogurt Dipping Sauce (grilled on the Chaney w/ Santa Maria insert)
3. Tri-tips (Never put on the grill. Put back in the freezer due to way to much food)
4. Portobello Lasagna Rollups (baked two trays of this for the vegetarians. Everyone had some.)

SIDE DISHES
1. Santa Maria Pinquito Beans
2. Gonzales Food Market Macaroni Salad (Recipe from the Legends of Texas BBQ Cook Book. I added some hot Dijon mustard and honey to the recipe. This was a big hit with everyone who had some.)

APPETIZERS
1. Spicy Cocktail Meatballs (ground chuck roast & pork shoulder 50/50 with seasonings for the balls. Spicy sauce was onion, red pepper flakes, ketchup, brown sugar and red wine vinegar mixture. Big hit with everyone!)
2. Cowboy Caviar w/ lots of chips for scooping (recipe from "Popular Plates BBQ". Added Tiger Sauce fore some additional flavor.)
3. Brie w/ Italian Dry Salame, Prosciutto and crackers.

AND . . .
Lots of Italian bread, beer, wine and soda plus a large sheet cake and coffee.

FINAL COMMENT . . . Everyone had a great time and caterers earn every penny they make.

My two sons help out on the grill line.

With rubber hot gloves on one hand and a meat cleaver in the other . . . I'm ready to respond to the guest comments. :LOL:

Serving table set-up.

Tray of Spicy Peach Chicken ready to go.

Vegetarian Service - Macaroni Salad, Portobello Lasagna Rollups & Santa Maria Style Pinquito Beans

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Very nice job, Lew!
Looks like a great time with some great food!

Thanks for the pix, very nice.

Excellent post Lew!!! Looks like a lot of hard work and thought was put into this Birthday meal!!!!! How did your Wife take the Chaney insert reveal?
Once again, a job well done Lew!!

Vermin999 said:
Excellent post Lew!!! Looks like a lot of hard work and thought was put into this Birthday meal!!!!! How did your Wife take the Chaney insert reveal?
Once again, a job well done Lew!!
She never even recognized that something was different with the grill. :LOL: Now I got a new sausage stuffer hidden in the closet waiting for its reveal. :roll: I think this one is going to be a tougher sell after picking up the grinder.

Were the rubber gloves used to handle hot meat or prevent fingerprints in case you didn't like the comment(s)???

With rubber hot gloves on one hand and a meat cleaver in the other . . . I'm ready to respond to the guest comments. :LOL:

2001Heel said:
Were the rubber gloves used to handle hot meat or prevent fingerprints in case you didn't like the comment(s)???

I was pulling the spatchcocked chickens out of the WSM and cutting them up on a table behind me that's out of the picture. The gloves are easier for pulling whole chickens then messing with tongs.

Wow Lew.......one heck of a buffet you got there!!! It's very inspiring for me to step up my game!! Very impressive....

Impressive! The food looks good and looks like every one had a good time Good Job!

Unbelievable...Well, very believable come from your grills. Great job. I'm sure your wife and son appreciated it. Happy birthday to them both!

Impressive Lew. Nice layout and I sure was alot of fun. I love to see peoples reactions to my food. Happy Birthday to all and good luck with that reveal. I now how well my little suprises go here...lol.

WOW! how did I miss this post. Looks like if anyone went home hungry, it was there own damn fault! Quite the job there Lew. Must have been fun cooking with the boys.

Pigs

Smokey Lew said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":30nyttea]Lew, in the first picture your not reading the directions, are you? :LOL:
Hell yes I was. It was for the wing sauce. I had so many balls up in the air that I wanted to make sure I didn't drop any while getting the service together. :oops:[/quote:30nyttea]

Well I guess it worked!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom