Beer Can Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toby Keil

Executive Chef
Stuck a half can of beer up the chickens butt, rubbed it inside and out with butter then added Blues Hog and cooked the little beauty at 350 until the wings pulled easily way. It was one of best I've done, very moist.

img_184517_0_c240f462d664724b11932be07f54c3bf.jpg

img_184517_1_13eba3c7923612a524a0c4c4eaa6f2e7.jpg

img_184517_2_ea3366c4b22018da427f80118ccecef4.jpg

Do look good. Now am I gathering the story right that you put the Blues Hawg on the raw chicken? Cooking at them temps I woulda swore it woulda burnt that stuff. I messed up some purty good ribs one time just trying to glaze with it after they was cooked. Bill musta put some kinda sun tan lotion anti burning stuff in it. :shock:

bigwheel

Real nice looking clucker Toby.
Very graphic prep description too......... :shock: ;)

big dude said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":qvcgyu23]Fine looking chick! Are those stands easy to clean?
Real pain in the butt. Kinda' like cleaning a rib rack.
I spray mine with Pam then soak overnight following the cook and they clean up fairly easily.[/quote:qvcgyu23]
Good idea. Thanks BD. :D

I wonder why everybody is dodging my question as to whether the boy put Blues Hawg sauce on there from the raw state then cooked it at 350. Ain't accusing anybody of being a chicken *hit of course..but I do detect some with henhouse ways around heah. Don't get me riled up. I aint from Binghamton Noo Yawk..I'm packing:) I shoot an apple off your haid just like William Tell and neva break skin. That be from a hundred yards with both eyes closed and from the hip.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
I wonder why everybody is dodging my question as to whether the boy put Blues Hawg sauce on there from the raw state then cooked it at 350. Ain't accusing anybody of being a chicken *hit of course..but I do detect some with henhouse ways around heah. Don't get me riled up. I aint from Binghamton Noo Yawk..I'm packing:) I shoot an apple off your haid just like William Tell and neva break skin. That be from a hundred yards with both eyes closed and from the hip.

bigwheel
Maybe the Blues Hog was a Rub?

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Hey BW, I rubbed it with butta and then Blues Hawg when the bird was raw. Cooked up real nice.

Toby keil said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

Hey BW, I rubbed it with butta and then Blues Hawg when the bird was raw. Cooked up real nice.

Blues howg Rub or sauce?

Ahh ok. I kept telling him to take it out. Maybe he decided to smarten up and listen to me:)

bigwheel

Back
Top Bottom