Beefy Dinner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Stopped by Wegmanns on the way home on Friday. I got 4 boneless ribeyes that were all about 1.30lbs each on sale for $5.99lb. Fresh cracked pepper and kosher salted them and grilled indirect for about 30 minutes, then finished with a hot sear. We also had grilled asparagus and red onion that had been marinated in Zesty Italian Dressing for a coupl hours. Also not seen were baked potatoes.

I was happy with the price, but very disappointed with the quality of the meat. Lean and stringy would be exactly how I would describe them. I've had far better from the local grocery stores. The store has only been open for less than a week so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and give their beef another shot.

img_170200_0_86e766c9099e2a192eec02051f550d30.jpg
img_170200_1_c947192d63b976e722b917bc7c222293.jpg

That was the last time you'll see that price at Wegmans. One thing they have down pat is BIG PRICES.

Rag said:
That was the last time you'll see that price at Wegmans. One thing they have down pat is BIG PRICES.

Well fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.......raise your prices and fool me and I've been screwed!

Go back and tell 'em about it, Larry. Better yet, take your receipt or the package labels along with you. I think they'll make you good. Tell 'em the guys on the barbecue board urged you to take 'em back to Wegman's (so they'll know you're sharing word of your bad experience).

--John

wittdog said:
Around here wegmans prices are cheaper then the other big super markets

there was an article in yesterdays or fridays paper saying Wegmans is dropping their prices after the first of the year..

I hope so John. I don't go in the one we have anymore. Just looking at the meat and seafood counter prices made my legs weak. They are 50% to 75% higher than other markets.
I knew my son was doing well financially when he started buying his firewood there. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom