Beef Ribs Non JB Style and Wolfe Wings

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
I got a double pack of beef 'shiner' ribs, seasoned with worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic. Cooked indirect with Cherry Chunks for Bigwheel.......I didn't monitor temps, but they took roughly 3 hours total unfoiled.
img_232679_0_a89b36554ac07f288b7202075b61ecfe.jpg
img_232679_1_4fe5120ce01886afffb3c4f31ce8c60a.jpg
img_232679_2_4f24f9c8bec7ca7b210e10384c2bd3b2.jpg

After about 2 hours I added some chicken wings that were marinated in Wolfe Rub Original for a couple of hours and cooked indirect for 1 hour.
img_232679_3_2b3b727e52d3a11e1dcc155ae490f058.jpg
img_232679_4_202e724e5b2f4a9dd8734b5b2a805a1a.jpg
img_232679_5_90429fed0af3b294cf4a4f5eace55888.jpg

Uh huh...blacker than the ace of spades just as predicted. Now I would eat it of course especially if it was free:) Good job Mr. Buckethead.

bigwheel

This looks good, but I'm still chuckling about you face down on the edge of the grill. I even shared it with the wife and kids and my work buddies too. They too got a big smile on their faces.

bigwheel said:
Uh huh...blacker than the ace of spades just as predicted. Now I would eat it of course especially if it was free:) Good job Mr. Buckethead.

bigwheel

Are you and Dave G communicating with eachother???? :?

Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I think Bigwheel has a point. Must have used black cherry. Nice color on the potato salad though. :D

bigwheel said:

bigwheel

DaveG said:
Larry Wolfe said:
bigwheel said:

bigwheel

I think Bigwheel has a point. Must have used black cherry. Nice color on the potato salad though. :D

I think you guys might need glasses, I'd eat that in a heart beat.

Funny you should mention glasses Nick. I had an appointment with my eye doctor scheduled for last week, the day of the big snow. Couldn't see going. Larry knows I'm just pulling his leg. He has saved many cooks for me. Far more than he has ruined.

DaveG said:
Funny you should mention glasses Nick. I had an appointment with my eye doctor scheduled for last week, the day of the big snow. Couldn't see going. Larry knows I'm just pulling his leg. He has saved many cooks for me. Far more than he has ruined.

No I don't dummy........remember I'm in a wheelchair.....now if you were pulling my arm, I would know.

Larry Wolfe said:
DaveG said:

No I don't dummy........remember I'm in a wheelchair.....now if you were pulling my arm, I would know.
LOL! I needed that laugh Larry! How many pairs of shoes you wore out this year? ;)

Well this little factoid triggered a memory bank of a story my left wing big brudder speaks of whilst stationed in Haiti on a US Navy stint. He say when you first get there them girls look purty dark...but after you been there a while and the longer you look at em they start to lighten right on up. Moral of the tale is you prob stared at that black cheery stained yard bird for too long and it lightened up. Simple huh?

Nick Prochilo said:
That doesn't look that black to me! I'd eat that.

bigwheel said:
Well this little factoid triggered a memory bank of a story my left wing big brudder speaks of whilst stationed in Haiti on a US Navy stint. He say when you first get there them girls look purty dark...but after you been there a while and the longer you look at em they start to lighten right on up. Moral of the tale is you prob stared at that black cheery stained yard bird for too long and it lightened up. Simple huh?

Nick Prochilo said:
That doesn't look that black to me! I'd eat that.

What was I thinking? :?: :?: :?: :?: :mrgreen: :LOL:

007bond-jb said:
You done em wrong Mr. BH, go search for my vids for BBQ, Mr. BH :LOL:

The last ones I saw that you cooked, dust came out when you took a bite. I'll stick to the Bucket Head method rather than watch 45 minutes of a sloshed Cajun.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom