Beef Prime Rib Steaks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
I would salt and pepper both sides of the steaks. Put your gasser on high and cook until slightly crusty then flip (about 4-5min). You can use your own rub blend or seasonings but about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare if they are 1 inch steaks.

I'm sure there will be someone else to come along and offer other ideas.
What you should have done was buy a whole prime rib and smoked it in your offset.

SteerCrazy said:
I would salt and pepper both sides of the steaks. Put your gasser on high and cook until slightly crusty then flip (about 4-5min). You can use your own rub blend or seasonings but about 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare if they are 1 inch steaks.

Yep, this is good advice. One thing I'll add and it's important is to make sure your steaks are close to room temp before grilling. It will give you a more tender steak. Cooking a cold steak on a hot grill will "shock" it and toughen it up. Good luck and don't forget to take pic's!!

Larry Wolfe said:
SteerCrazy said:

Yep, this is good advice. One thing I'll add and it's important is to make sure your steaks are close to room temp before grilling. It will give you a more tender steak. Cooking a cold steak on a hot grill will "shock" it and toughen it up. Good luck and don't forget to take pic's!!

Don't forget to let em rest before you dig in.

3970010 said:
SteerCrazy said:
What you should have done was buy a whole prime rib and smoked it in your offset.

Your so right about that. I had them slice them. I wish I not done that. I will by a whole one after Christmas.

Tie them together! [smilie=a_happyme.gif]

3970010 said:
SteerCrazy said:

Your so right about that. I had them slice them. I wish I had not done that. I will by a whole one after Christmas.

Why don't you vac seal the steaks for a rainy day and go buy a whole roast to smoke....you've got a week

3970010 said:
I am gonna cook em just like yall said.
Buy yourself a charcoal grill for Xmas.....then do the steaks on that like the rest of the guys said... ;) Good luck and don't forget the pics

compound butters are easy make, and add great flavor, especially
to beef...just soften your butter, and in this case, add chopped
or minced garlic and chive, then place in plastic wrap and
roll into a tube. Twist the plastic on both ends very tight.
Pop it in the fridge to harden again, and when you're meat
is ready, slice off a slab and let it melt over the top of the
steaks.....ummmmm.

Preheat oven at 350
Take a head of garlic and chop the the top off. Put on a half sheet pand lined with foil, spirinkle with olive oil and a pinch of salt. after 10 minutes reduce heat to 300. Leave it in the oven until the house smells like an Italian joint. remove and cool. "Squish" out all the mushey goodness, mix with finely sliced chives, and room temp butter. put into a sheet of wax paper, roll it up, and stick it in the freezer. Bingo.

Tell ya what...make the steaks just like suggested with the butter and everything tonight. then go buy yourself a roast and smoke that for christmas. your family will thank you ;)

Ditto on the high heat + salt-pecker-garlic rub + butter at the end. If needed - use a spot check type thermometer to make sure the steak is cooked to the right temp.

Ditto on the roast for something special. Its easy and will blow the socks off your guests. I know i will have rib roast this news years meal.

Gator

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom