BDS Smokers???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huckjr

Assistant Cook
Does anyone on this forum use the BDS? If so, what are your thoughts on it? I have one and love it. Just curious of others opinion

Well each time I see the term UDS it mades me think of udders for some reason..especially when I am glancing at your avatar. The first incarnation of this fine cooking system that I can remember was called a LDS i.e. Little Drum Smoker. Forget the fellas name who come up with it right now. Was it Lanny? It was made out of a small barrell..like a grease barrell 30 gallon maybe? Anyway a bunch of comp cooks bought one for chicken. They would also knock out two briskets on 5 lbs of Kingsford and a few chunks. Then I up and thought up the concept of a BDS using a big barrell...then Rocky Richmond latched onto the plan and the rest is history. Back in the old days all I ever seen was split barrells on wobbly legs. Course if a person stretch the imagination a little guess an Old Smokey might half way correspond with the topic. Guessing it pre dated the LDS. It just two washtubs butted up one on top of the other.

bigwheel

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom