BBQ top sirloin steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckeye_Nut

Senior Cook
Hey!! It's been awhile..........whazzup? I picked up a 1.5" thick top sirloin (42oz)and decided to BBQ. Has anyone tried this before? .........yea, weird..I know! hahahaha

It just felt like the thing to do today. I rubbed the meat in olive oil, hand rubbed a ton of my favorite local BBQ dry rub.......then placed it in a zip lock with a splash of Worcestershire sauce. It's been soaking for about 4hrs.....

Pre-heating the grill now....

It marinated all afternoon, and now grillin' with some sauce:
img_248583_0_3fbbe5446cd701a4846e6067f58734a3.jpg

Resting:
img_248583_1_a87c366f97dc878c0b5cc1b281f52943.jpg

Sliced in half:
img_248583_2_1820da7741352c6dbb77a5802af02c6d.jpg

I liked it....very different! It was still like eating a good piece of steak, but the flavor had a different spicy kind of pop to it. I won't do this every time, but I'll definitely do it again someday. It didn't taste as radical or crazy as I thought...it was good. It's not like the beautiful pieces of art you all grill, but I managed to eat it. Hehe

Good thing you corrected yourself. Larry is on a roll with misspelled works and improper grammar.

Sent using smoke signals because I'm a cheap bastard!

AHHHHH BBQ and steak in the same breath!!!! :) I would try the reverse sear method! Greg spoke of it in one of his very early shows. Check it out! Works great. My work really well for that large of a cut of meat. Post pics to let us know.

I have been smoking rub eyes for a couple of years, enough so I just won't order a steak in a restaurant any more. And yes, reverse sear. I just woosty and rub, then smoke them to an internal of 130 or so, then flash them directly over the wood for about 40 seconds per side. Perfect way to end a weekend!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom