Bacon Wrapped Meat Loaf & Loaf-pan Chicken

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey Lew

Head Chef
Today is loaf day . . . bacon wrapped meat loaf & loaf-pan chicken. The meat loaf is a mixture of 2 lbs. of 15% ground beef and 1 lb. Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage. Added Progresso bread crumbs, eggs, onion, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, garlic, ground mustard and pepper to the mix. Filled the center of the meat with Feta cheese and draped the loaf with apple cured bacon.

For the loaf-pan chicken I spatchcocked the bird, slathered a mixture of Worcestershire sauce and apple sauce all over the bird and let the excess mixture go into the loaf pan the bird sits in. The bird was then coated with a dry rub consisting of turbinado sugar, paprika, black pepper, granulated garlic, celery salt, kosher salt, ground cumin and ground coriander.

The loaf-pan helps keep moisture pumped into the bird while it bakes on the grill. It's sorta like beer-can chicken in this respect.

The grill has a mixture of Stub's charcoal and mesquite lump charcoal with a small piece of cherry wood for smoke.

I will post some picture once the meat loaf and chicken are done.

Here's the plated loaf-pan chicken. It turned out very moist.

And here's the meat loaf for tonight's dinner.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's looks like a good evening by the grill. Or should I say " The Chaney". Looking forward to your finished shots.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom